Chapter 20

I was took to the station and an officer put me in a questioning room, I looked out of the window and was so shocked with who I saw.

 Carl. He was wearing normal clothes but a police badge was peeking out of hand. How could he my own twin? He was looking at me with an apologetic smile but I made my face go blank and I turned my head. He sighed and came into the room, was he allowed to do that?

“Come on D, you know I couldn't tell you I was under cover.” I just kept ignoring him.

He sighed and rubbed his hands over his face.

“Okay, you have every right to be mad but it wasn't my fault. Its my job.”

“You knew, you knew she was going to try and kill me yet you didn't say anything. I don’t think I can forgive you for that.” I whispered.

“Please, I’m sorry okay? I’ll make it up to you, somehow.” Then he stood up and left.

I sat there for an hour thinking, after everything we had been through and he still lies. And then there was Luke, I haven’t heard anything and I’ve been here for hours. What if he is still in surgery or has died? Oh I don’t know but I do know that if I don’t find out my minds going to go into overdrive and God knows what will happen. Just think one simple two week holiday for my best friends wedding has turned into two months of hell. The door slammed open and I looked up to be faced with two police officers.

“Hello Diana I am Officer Hound and this is Office Row. For the sake of the recording we would like to state your rights.” Which they did.

“Would you like a lawyer?” I shook my head.

“Can you say it out loud please?”

“No, I have nothing to hide.” I stated. Hound nodded.

"Of course.” She muttered. I just glared.

“Would you like to be in my position, my best friend trying to kill me. My boyfriend is sitting with his best friend that may or not be dead and you think I am some stupid little girl!” I said.

“Well you do have a record, drugs, underage drinking and so other things.” She tutted.

“What can I say? I was a rebel in school.”

“Well there’s a difference between getting a detention and getting a record.”

“I suppose.”

“Right okay lets go back to yesterday, you were planning to have a fight with Miss Duncan as the night before when you was in a club she held a gun to your head correct.”

“Yes that is correct but I didn’t know it was her until I retaliated and knocked her to the floor therefore grabbing hold of the gun and holding it at her.” Hounds eyebrows raised.

“You pointed a gun to Miss Duncan.” I sighed. Why the heck am I the bad guy she tried to kill me.

“Yes, it was either that or be killed, what would you do plus I didn’t actually fire it I mean she is in the next room with a couple of bruises and a stab while I’m in here being questioned stupid questions and my friends lying in a hospital dead for all I know.” I said, they were looking shocked. 

The other officer, what’s her name? Sighed.

“I think we should get Carl in here. They are twins maybe he could get it out of her.” She told Hound.

“Look, we aren’t saying you are the bad guy here but we need to find out what happened.” I nodded. Then they both went out.

About half an hour later the door opened again, with a bang. Rude I was nearly asleep but I kept my eyes closed I already knew who it was.

“Come on D I now you’re not asleep.” I just kept my eyes open.

“Do I have to do the whole police thing, because I will?” He threatened.

“You don’t know how betrayed I feel, I know you’re only in ere for your job to get a ‘confession’ out of me. I know that you couldn't care less.” I said in a monotone voice, I’m on a mega sulk and no one is getting me out of it.

“Come on, I’m sorry I didn't tell you but what was I meant to do, and of course I care. I’m not here to get a confession as you put it, I just want to put the girl that tried to kill you and Luke away.” I looked up with tears in my eyes.

“I don’t believe you, but whatever. As long as I get out of this place and away from you. How long has it been about 2 ½ years and you betray me. First you put me in the hospital then you put me in a cell. Thanks bro.” He put his head down.

“Just switch the recording on so I can get this over with” So he did and I explained the story.

 How Julia walked out on us, how I was nearly killed, the car bombing, the phone call and finally the fight and Curtis. When I was done it was about 2 hours since I started. 

“Is that all, can I go now?” I asked, he shook his head.

“Diana Smith, I am arresting you on possession of a gun and participating in an illegal fight.” Carl was looking at me while he put the handcuffs on, as they were taken off hours ago.

When an officer came to escort me out I went up to Carl.

“You’re dead to me.” Tears were rolling down my cheeks and I turned my head.

“Why did you have to be my twin, I wish we never knew each other.”

Then I walked out with my head held high.

I just hope that Luke is okay. 

Hey guys, I know there is no Luke or Josh but there is a lot of Carl, tell me what you think.

WE ARE AT CHAPTER 20!!!!!

I don’t think you guys understand that I love reading your comments. They inspire me to write but I don’t get many, please if you want to comment, if you have any questions I will answer them.

But thank you for all the reads, I am sorry to say that we have about 7 or 8 chapters left in this book then I will finish it. I don’t know if I am doing another sequel but I will let you know when the time comes.

Okay I am giving you the option. Please decide. Luke’s POV or Josh’s POV????? Tell me