17

Yawning, Avanti sat up straight, rubbing her eyes with the back of her palms softly. It was still dark outside as she lazily stared out the window of her room. Clutching the blanket tightly, she pulled it up to her neck, covering her shoulders that glowed white under the dim pale light.

Irritated by the thought of going back to sleep, she stood up and wrapped the blanket around herself like a shawl over her old T-shirt. She made her way towards the bathroom, eyes still closed, to relieve herself. Half an hour later, Avanti stared sleepily at her coffee mug, the blanket constantly falling off her shoulders. She tied her hair into a tight bun, stifling a yawn as she took another sip of her warm coffee.

After finishing her coffee, she returned to her room, closing the door behind her and switched on the lights. Clutching the blanket tightly, she opened the cupboard and gathered a few A4 white sheets, pencils, pens, and other stationery. Collecting everything, she settled on the bed, opened her phone, and searched for how to create an effective advertisement. Zooming in on the slightly broken screen, she studied the pattern it displayed. Turning her head, she gazed out the window and sighed, mentally regretting the early hour as no cyber cafe would be open.

Ignoring the small but sharp pain in her chest for not having a laptop, she sat straight. After quickly reviewing the structure, she closed her phone and played a slow song, setting the mood. She began her work, engrossed in creating hundreds of pamphlets. After two hours, Avanti finally finished, grinning at her accomplishment. She admired the bundle of sheets, eyes shining with pride, and tightly clutched it under her arm while tightening the blanket with her palms.

Wearing her slippers, she glanced at Divit's door, noticing it was closed. Shaking off the thought, she left, locking the flat behind her. Running through the corridors, she pushed a pamphlet through each door and pasted one outside the elevator on each floor. After thirty minutes, when she finished her building, she sat on the ground floor stairs, panting heavily.

Couples and children gave her odd looks as they passed by on their morning walks, but she ignored them. Holding the blanket tightly across her frame, she looked up at the white sky, signaling the start of another day. The sun remained hidden behind the clouds, sparing the world from its warmth, but Avanti enjoyed the winters. She appreciated the thick fog lazily draped around the city, providing a refreshing feel. The cold air brought a sense of freedom compared to the sticky, sweaty summers in June and July.

Ignoring the strange looks she received, Avanti distributed the pamphlets to joggers and walkers in the garden and on the streets. Smiling warmly at everyone, she repeated the same line on loop, "Please take a look," but mentally regretted not wearing a hoodie or jacket over her thin T-shirt. She couldn't remove the blanket due to the cold, which constantly fell, covering her bare legs hiding under her Bermuda shorts.

While passing pamphlets, someone grasped her hand, and she looked up to find a familiar pair of eyes staring back into her hazel black ones.

"Avanti?" It was more of question.

Not bothering to come out of his hold, knowing it was him, she smiled "Good morning, Divit, sir!"

Not really interested in returning the morning wish, Divit frowned instead, "Wh-what are you doing here ? an-and" His eyes travelled along the length of her frame "and why are you.." He glanced her from head to toe "naked ?"

"Excuse me?"

"I mean what the hell are you wearing?" He didn't back down.

"Oh" She grinned sleepishly. "Actually I wasn't aware that so many people would be up this early. I was just distributing the pamphlets and well just so you know I am not naked. I am wearing clothes in there. For a second I thought to go back but well who cares" She shrugged flashed him her shorts from under the blanket.