Chapter 4

"A tricky one aren't you? Where to put you?"

The Great Hall doors opened and you gasped in shock with many other students. Draco put an arm over your shoulder in a brotherly manner.

"It's not real the ceiling, it's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." You rolled your eyes.

"Of course you did." I said in an annoyed tone.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked madly. You shrugged your shoulders in a dumb manner. You looked over and saw the Slytherins looking at you and whispering. You managed to hear one say...

"That's Y/n Y/l/n! That's a true Slytherin right there!" You smiled and Draco did too. You walked to the front of the room and saw a battered brown hat with a face.

"What is that?" Draco said. I looked at him in disbelief. How did he not know what the sorting hat was?!?

"That's the sorting hat! How do you not know that!?"

"I don't have a sibling here."

"Oh yaaaa" You both started to laugh when the group of first years stopped walking.

"Can you wait along here please." The lady who I learned name was Professor Mcgonagall. "Now before we begin, Headmaster Dumbledore would like to say a few words."

"I have a few start of term notices I would like to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students, also our caretaker Mr.Filch has asked me to remind you, that the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you."

"Now when I call your name, you will come forth. I shall place the sorting hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger." Hermione's eyes grew huge and Draco and I started to laugh then a boy named Neville shot us a nasty look. Hermione started to talk to herself.

"Mental that one, I'm tellin ya." Ron said. I smirked but I didn't want to show amusement since he is a Weasley.

"Ahh right then, Right! Ok, GRYFFINDOR!"

"Draco Malfoy" I gave him a thumbs up and he walked to the hat cautiously. Before the hat even touched his head it called,

"SLYTHERIN!" A few other kids went up then my name was called.

"Y/n Y/l/n." I walked up and sat down.

"A tricky one aren't you? Where to put you? You would do great things in Gryffindor but extraordinary things in Slytherin. You want Slytherin don't you? Well ok then... SLYTHERIN!" The Slytherin table erupted into cheers and you sat by Draco.

"I knew you would be in Slytherin!" A girl who looked like a fourth year said. I just smiled at her and the I heard a familiar name.

"Ronald Weasley." Ron walked up like he was scared and Draco and I started to snicker.

"HA! Another Weasley, I know just what to do with you. GRYFFINDOR!" We all were shocked seeing as Weasley was a baby. 

"Harry Potter." Dumbledore looked more interested now and I rolled my eyes. The whole room went silent.

"Hmm difficult, very difficult plenty of courage I see, there is talent there too and a thirst to prove yourself, but where to put you." Harry said something then the hat started to ramble about something. "GRYFFINDOR!" Draco and I hit the table mad.

"Your attention please."  Mcgonagall said as she tapped her cup to get our attention.

"Let the feast begin!" Dumbledore said. Food appeared in front of us and we all dug in. I look up and see a ghost with its head partway off. Then the head boy lead us to our common room. Then the told us the portrait password.

"The password is dumbifloor ok?"

Wow that is very uh... unique? Draco laughed at the password and we walked in. "Wow." I said in awe. The common room was beautiful. It was black with green lamps.

"This is brilliant!" Blaise said excitedly.

This year will be amazing!