Chapter 8

"It's Levi-osa, not Levio-sar."

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation, or the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" Professor Flitwick said. Hermione lifted up her feather in a teachers-pet sort of way. I rolled my eyes at this. "Good! Don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick!" Flitwick was always cheerful and it made me smile at bit at his enthusiasm. I wonder what it would be like, to be a professor. I would want to be the potions professor or care of magical creatures. Flitwick started to talk again which snapped me out of my daze. "Everyone." Everyone picked up their wand and did the wrist movement.

"The swish and flick." Everyone said in unison. I just waved my wand boringly and mumbled the words

"Good, oh and enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then." Draco said the spell and over enunciated the "sa" at the end. I snickered to myself knowing it wasn't going to work.

"Wingardium Leviosar" Ron said the spell and started whipping his wand dangerously.

"No, stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Levi-osa, not Levio-sar." Hermione said. I spoke up to her after that.

"Okay then Hermione, if you're so smart then you say it." I said raising my head high. Ron fist-bumped me behind his back. Hermione glared at me then turned to her feather, wand in hand. 

"Wingardium Leviosa." Hermione said. Then the feather started to float. I rolled my eyes and turned to mine.

"Wingardium Leviosa." I said and did the swish and flick. The feather floated like Hermione's and see gave me a look through the corner of her eyes.

"Look everyone Ms. Y/l/n and Ms. Granger have done it! Splendid!" Flitwick said happily. I looked at Hermione and gave a confident look.

Wingard Leviosa." Finnegan said. 

BOOM!

There was a loud, red explosion right next to me. I laughed because Finnigan had soot all over his face. 

"I think we are going to need another feather over here, Professor." Harry said. I laughed and so did the class. 

-----------

"It's Levi-osa, not levio-sar." Ron said in a mocking voice. I laughed.

"She is a nightmare honestly. No wonder she hasn't got any friends." I said laughing. Ron high fived me and then Hermione walked past. "Oh shi-"

"Language!" Harry said in a motherly tone.

"Sorry..." 

"I think she heard us." I said to Ron.

"Ya." Ron said in a guilty way.

------------

It was Halloween night and everyone was at the feast. I did notice the Sorting Hat was in the Great Hall though. I wonder who the new student is. 

"Attention everyone!" McGonagall said. The room went quiet. "We have a student, for the first time in a century to be getting re-sorted." The room filled with murmurs. I looked at Kade.

"Who do you think it is?" I said. He just shrugged.

"Ms. Y/l/n. Will you please come here." McGonagall said. I sat there shocked. Kade shoved me.

"Go Y/n!"  Kade said.

"I don't want to get sorted again. What about quidditch?!" I said worriedly.