Chapter 16

"i kNoW wHaT iT mEaNs"

We have found nothing! After hours of reading, NOTHING! I'm starting to think this guy doesn't exist. His name is no where to be found. Where is Hermione when you need her? I'm also concerned about going with Harry to the mirror tonight. What will I see?

---------

"Y/n look in the mirror! What do you see?" I looked in the mirror and I only see myself but then it starts to change. I'm hanging out with Draco and Harry and they are both having fun together? I also notice that Kade is next to me... holding my hand. This can't be right. Kade and I are just friends. That is how it will always be.

"So what do you see?" Harry asked curiously. Should I lie? I would feel bad but it would save me the embarrassment.

"I see my family eating dinner with me. We are all happy and laughing." I smiled at the idea. It was only a dream though.

"That sounds great! I am going to stay for a while. You can go to bed." I looked at him and nodded.

"Thanks Harry." He waved and I walked out the door. That mirror needs to be moved so he can't find it again.

As I was walking back to the common room, I ran into Dumbledore.

"Miss. Y/l/n. How are you?" Was I going to get expelled? He caught me!

"Um, I was just uh. Okay to tell the truth, Harry found this mirror and he sits at it all night so he wanted to show me. I'm worried about him. He would sit there every hour of the day if he could." I said worriedly. I don't want to be a snitch but he needs to know.

"Ah, yes. I was going to talk to him right now actually. Thank you for your concerns. You may want to go the long way. Mr. Filch is around the corner." He walked away and winked at me. He is a very interesting headmaster but that is what makes it amazing.

I took the long way around and went to my dormitory. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was asleep.

--------

"I had you looking in the wrong section. How could I be so stupid?" Hermione dropped a huge book onto the table. I jumped and so did Harry. "I checked this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading." I gaped at her. She needs to stop reading so much.

"This is light?" I laughed at Ron's reaction.

"It's Hermione, Ron. What do you think?" I chuckled. Hermione just glared at us and carried on.

"Of course, here it is! Nicholas Flamel is the only know maker of the Sorcerers Stone."

"The what?" Harry and Ron said in unison.

"Honestly, don't you two read?" I was staying silent. I didn't know what it was either but Hermione wasn't talking to me so it was a win on my side. "The Sorcerers Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It can transform any metal into pure gold and produce the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal."

"Immortal?" I shook my head.

"I means you will never die Ron. How don't you know that?" I asked.

"I know what it means!" i kNoW wHaT iT mEaNs. Yeah, sure.

"Back to the point! The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted Alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665 birthday. That's what Fluffy is guarding on the third floor. That's what's under the trapdoor. The Sorcerers Stone!" We all looked at each other.

"We need to go see Hagrid." I nodded in agreement.

We ran to Hagrid's Hut. How was it dark already? We were in there for that long?

I knocked on Hagrid's door.

"Hagrid!" Harry said.

"Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I am in no fit state to entertain today. " Hagrid said urgently.

"We know about the Sorcerers Stone!" We all shouted.

"Oh." Hagrid opened the door for us and we walked in.

"We think Snape is trying to steal it." Harry said. I coughed to get their attention.

"You three think Snape is trying to steal it. My bet is on Quirrell. He gives me this off feeling." They all rolled their eyes. Whatever, when they see that they were wrong, I will laugh in their faces.

"Snape? Blimey, you're not still on about him, are you?" I scoffed.

"Hagrid, we know he's after the stone! We just don't know why."

"Snape is one of the teachers protecting the stone. He's not about to steal it."

"What?"

"You heard. Right. Come on now, I'm a bit preoccupied today."

"Wait a minute." Harry said. Can we leave now? I want to go to sleep! "One of the teachers?"

"Of course! There are other things defending the stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments." Hermione said. I must admit, that is smart thinking.

"Waste of bloody time, if you ask me. Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Ain't a soul knows how, except for me and Dumbledore. I shouldn't of told you that. I should not of told you that." All of the sudden Hagrid's pot starts rattling. What is he doing now? Hagrid reaches in and pulls out an egg? He starts juggling it around a bit because it was hot. Those oven mitts don't work very well.

We all ran around the table to see what it was. Yup, it is definitely a dragon egg. I'm guessing it is a Norwegian Ridgeback because of the color and shape of the egg. I might be wrong though.

"Is that a dragon egg Hagrid?" He nodded but look hesitant.

"How did you get one?" Ron asked.

"I won it off a stranger I met down at the pub. Seemed quite glad to get rid of it, as a matter of fact." The egg started to crack! This is awesome! I will get to see a baby dragon! The egg exploded and a cute Norwegian Ridgeback popped out. They are even cuter in person!

"Hagrid it is a Norwegian Ridgeback! It is so cute!" I pet it and it nuzzled into my hand. It ran off toward Hagrid though and played with him.

"My brother Charlie works with these in Romania." Ron said.

"Isn't he beautiful? Oh, bless him, look! He knows his mummy." Mummy? Would it be? Never mind. "Hello Norbert."

"Norbert?" Harry and Ron looked at each other.

"I think it is a cute name. He needs a name doesn't he?" I said. Hagrid tapped Norbert on the chin a few times and he spit out fire. Hagrid's beard caught on fire. I chuckled a little.

"He'll have to be trained up a bit, of course. Who's that?" Hagrid said looking out the window. I saw a flash of blond hair.

"Draco." I said internally groaning. I ran out after him. "Draco wait! Don't rat us out please!" Harry, Ron and Hermione caught up with us.

"I need house points taken from you guys!" He ran into McGonagall's office. Oh no. She walked out with Draco behind her. We are done for.