(67) Almost like a dream. (Part 01)

Tsk, tsk.. I'm disappointed none of you could guess.
Just kidding, i love y'all
The theme is Cinderella if you're wondering~ -3-
----------------------------------------------

A life with his evil stepmother wasn't a fun one. Especially when he had to cook, tidy up and keep the large mansion spick and span. It was just another Cinderella story. Thankfully his step brothers were nice to him, he didn't think he could handle the stress of evil step brothers.

Currently, he was stirring the pot full of steaming broth, the steam curling around in delicate tendrils around Taekwoon and wafting through the kitchen. He hummed softly to himself, not noticing the head the pushed its way through Taekwoon's left arm. The older looked down and a small smile curled at his lips.

"Hyuuung~~ this smells so good~!" Sanghyuk, the youngest, exclaimed, taking a rather dramatic sniff in Taekwoon's opinion, making the elder snort at his dongsaeng's antics.

"It's just soup, Hyogi..." Takewoon shook his head fondly, lifting the spoon full of delicious broth and blowing on it to cool down before holding it out to Sanghyuk. The younger promptly closed his mouth over the spoon and swallowed the warm broth, making a sound of satisfaction.

"You manage to make the simplest of things taste like five star meals..." Sanghyuk retorted cheekily, ducking the playful slap aimed at him as Taekwoon attempted to hit him with the spoon.

"Quiet, you mouse. Now shoo! I've got 101 things to do before mother comes home." Taekwoon shushed, although the fond smile never faded from his lips.

"Ah, hyung. You know that Binnie hyung and I would love to help you.." Sanghyuk whined, however playful there was a tinge of sadness that his wonderful hyung was forced into this life.

"And risk ruining your neatly done clothes and hair? None of that! Now run!" Taekwoon chided lovingly, finally managing to chase him away.

He turned the heat off and placed a lid on the pot to prevent it from cooling down. Just as he picked up the basket of laundry, he felt a soft tail curling around his legs. He smiled at the fluffy grey cat staring so sweetly at him with her sparkling blue eyes.

"Well, at least you're not evil, are you, Sapphire?" Taekwoon chuckled, setting the basket down to cuddle the fluffy bundle, kissing her forehead lovingly before setting her down. The cat purred pleased, happy at the affection before she trotted away, her tail waving. 

Taekwoon made his way to the laundry room with the heaping mound of clothes, sorting them by color and fabric before washing them one by one, hands soapy and red with all the scrubbing. He paused to wipe the sweat accumulating at his forehead, letting out a huff at the work before finishing it off. Once all clothes were dried and folded in neat piles, he set about dusting the various furniture and rather unnecessary vases and accessories decorating the house. He sneezed at the clouds of dust rising from the dusty objects. How did so much dust collect? He just cleaned two days ago. He quickly finished off, hurrying as he noticed the time. He made a quick work of sweeping and mopping the floors and beating the heavy curtains.

As it struck 3 in the afternoon, the sound of high heels clicking grew in the large household. Taekwoon stood silently as she ran her fingers through the furniture, eyeing for at least a speck of dust. She scowled as she found nothing, her mascara drawn eyes burning as her sharp red nails flicked off the non existent dust.

"Hmf.. Actually managed to do it right for once..." She mused, her slim figure twisting in her tight black dress, bloody lips twisting into a grimace as if the very words she was forced to acknowledge were bitter and disgusting on her tongue. She waved him off, sauntering up the staircase, her hips swinging.