Chapter 21

Chapter 21:

*Jess's POV*

I watched as Maisy scribbled words on her paper, not looking down at it. The art project we got to help vent our feelings was draw with your words. I had mostly wrote Love, hate, envy and die. James wrote mission, future, love and then Maisy a couple times. Maisy squeezed her eyes shut and scribbled faster, her handwriting getting scruffier by the second. Her art project was just two words.

Fire.

Burn.

She looked down at her work and started to laugh, I took a step away from her. James had started drawing small hearts around her name as she laughed manically and wrote quicker than anyone I had ever seen someone write. “Maisy, dear, calm down.” One of the workers said softly as she walked past. “No!! Fireee!!!” She cackled, I don't think James is even working anymore! The worker placed a hand on Maisy's shoulder. She screamed. “FIRE!!” She started to write on her arm, her handwriting getting more pointy and violent. The moment that pen touched her skin, the workers swarmed her, carrying her out of the art hall. James started humming... “Maisy, Maisy give me your answer do! I'm half crazy, all for the love of you.” He sang loudly.

I gazed at him awkwardly, taking in his dreamy brown eyes and silky black hair that flicked only slightly to the side. He has bulging biceps that pretty much any girl would want to have wrapped around their waists and just by looking at his biceps you know for sure he’s got abs. I can see on his left arm that he’s got a faint tattoo that continues underneath his shirt.

“Jess… Eyes up here!” he chuckled obviously noticing me checking him out, I blushed a deep red.

“Sorry.” I muttered looking down

“Don’t worry! I don’t want to have worked out for nothing!” he winked “But I would definitely prefer Maisy to be checking me out!”

I laughed, Maisy skipped up to us a crazy grin on her face.

I’ve them moves like Jagger

I’ve got the moves like Jagger

I’ve got the mooooooves like Jagger” She sang whilst doing the Macarena, she sat back down in her seat and James slung his arm around her shoulder a smile on his face.

“So…” Maisy grinned turning to James “What’s it like in the future? Can I come with you someday? Can I? Can I? Can I?” She clapped her hands together like a little child.

James smiled warmly and started rambling on and on about the future, I started to doze off.

BANG!

I shot up quicker than Cheetah’s can run, I saw Maisy literally on the floor laughing and James chuckling running his hand through his hair. The rest of the group were all staring at me holding in laughter, that’s when I realized I’d fallen asleep and knocked my chair over. I looked down to that my chair was upside down and there was a watery mess, slowly I moved my gaze down to myself, my trousers were soaking wet…. Shit! It looks like I’ve wet myself.

I looked around me, even the asylum workers were trying their best not to crack up, not even caring that I’d just fallen off a chair and now looks at though my parents didn’t potty train me!

“Shit, shit, shit, SHIT!!!!” I cursed “Everyone! This is not what it looks like!”

I yanked Maisy off the floor pulled her out the room with me, she was still in hysterics.

“Maisy!” I shrieked “This is NOT funny!!”

“That’s where you’re wrong! It bloody is!” she started cackling