Chapter 5

Karim's POV:

Waking up due to the birds chirping outside and the sun streaming in through the vague gap of the curtains I groaned, rolling over onto my front and hiding my face underneath from my pillow on the bed. In all honesty with you the last thing in which I want to do right now is to wake up and be faced with reality, I merely just want to be spread out in my bed all day long and be ad lazy as possible. Oh, what I would do to have the lifestyle right about now. But no, I am unable to do so due to my commitments of work. Whether or not I want to I know that now I have to get up and go to training, the last thing I want to do. Especially after all of last night’s events, involving seeing the one person in which I would only dream of seeing, Thozi.

It is all just so surreal in the reason to how she suddenly appeared in my life all over again, if I am being honest with you I thought I was dreaming when I saw her face stood right before my eyes. She looked the same, the same since we were together all those years back. All the same hair, the same complexion and figure, spoke the same, acted the same from the how I had seen her – storming out in tough situations – and she even smelt the same, yes she had that very same perfume on which I remembered from the time we lived together. It was all like a blast from the past for me, but in a good way, I enjoyed seeing her all over again from that moment again. And in all honesty with you, I am yearning in desperate to see her again.

Letting a deep sigh from out of my lips I sat up in bed, squinting my eyes together for me to look around the room due to the sun blasting in through the small gap of the curtain. And I was not at all shocked to find that I was alone, alone in bed with no sign of Lucia here what so ever. Then again I guess I should not be at all surprised, seeing as she did have work early this morning. But still, that was not the point, usually I get a little note left on her side of the bed with her saying good morning or whatever. This time around though there was nothing, not even a single sign of a note anywhere in the room. Well, not which I could fine anyway.

So letting a grumble full of tiredness out from my lip I turned to my side, directed my eyes to the alarm clock on my side of the bedside table. My eyes widening from the moment which I laid eyes on it, coming to terms with the fact that at this rate there is no way I will be getting to training on time. Without even giving it a second thought I jumped out of bed, darting to the bathroom in order to wash myself thoroughly. My preparations in trying to get myself all ready for the day ahead were a rush, an annoying rush at that. From having the annoyance I did in dropping my toothbrush in the sink a few times as I brushed them to falling over onto the floor as I got my leg stuck in my tracksuit bottom. I just knew today was to be a bad day.

The second in which I was fully dressed I grabbed my training bag from underneath the bed, opening it up and walking over to the draws in the far corner of the room to grab in a ball all of my training gear along with my boots in the wardrobe and stuffing them inside the bag. In that moment that was it, I grabbed my keys from the bedside table along with my phone as I quickly made my way out of the house with my bag trailing in my hand behind me. Without wasting a second I unlocked the car, throwing my training bag across the leather seat before starting the engine. And with that, after a long struggle of fifteen minutes having passed me by in getting myself ready, I was finally on my way to training with music pumping in my car.

But as I stopped in traffic not far from where the training centre is my thoughts were to all of a sudden to change, from the normal sense of my life back to the past. And much more importantly; they were to drift back to one person in particular – Thozi. Her face just out of the blue appeared within my mind, her smile, her face, sending a smile of my own to form up across my lips. Yes I know I should not be acting like this when I am in a long lasting and stable relationship but I just cannot help myself, seeing her in person last night has brought back so many feelings for me. Feelings which I did not even know existed until I had gotten into bed last night, I thought I was over Thozi after all of this time, but now I guess I am not.