Chapter 2

Thozi's POV:

Four hours, four hours I had been stuck on this private jet in which Sofia and the board back in Lyon had sent me on ahead to Madrid to start my brand new job. Well, I say I but this is a complete lie. As I just so happen not to be the only one having been transferred overseas to Spain, oh no, another co-worker was joining me on this new experience, Adrienne. The both of us had no other option than to go ahead with this, no choice in trying to keep our jobs in Lyon as their minds were set, the newly current workers were going to have to leave. And it was just our luck that we were the pick of the bunch having to choose the decision in either having to change jobs, or follow Sofia’s advice over transferring overseas to a different club.

So yes, despite all the thoughts of Karim rushing through my mind the moment which I was given the news I went with it. Knowing that I did not want to do anything other than this as my chosen profession, not even the thought of maybe bumping into Karim at some point is going to change my mind. It is set, this is what I want to do, and there is no getting out of all this now as the apartment is set up. Set up for both Adrienne and I for our future in Madrid, at a job which we both love. Sure it is going to be a kick to the teeth in the moment I have to come face to face with that of my past but I need to get over it. All of which we had is a very long time ago now and besides, I am sure he has moved on and forgotten all about me now.

Of course it still hurts, all the pain and hurt he once put me through, but it is something that I need to get over now. Four years down the line and here I am now, still dwelling over all of the hurt I was put through during mine and Karim’s split. I am an idiot, pathetic, and even if it does still hurt at the thoughts of what he did to me I need to get over it. I need to push all of that to the back of my mind along with my past and focus on the present, working for one of the biggest clubs in the world – Real Madrid. This is a dream for many people out there in the world so I should not take it for granted, many people would kill to be in the position me and Adrienne have found ourselves in. While she is living it all up, I am dwelling on my past.

 “Thozi I was wondering, what do you think I’ll apartment will look like in Madrid?” Catching my attention by the sound of her voice I was forced to turn around and face the brunette in which was sat just beside me, giving her a shrug of the shoulders without any words coming out from my lips. But the second I was facing her a look of concern appeared across her face with her eyes widened. “Thozi? What’s wrong and why are you crying?” Coming over rather confused at her words I brought the side of my index finger underneath one of my eyes, but only to come to terms with dampness across my skin. Knowing exactly what it was in which has caused this, or rather who had caused this instead actually. It is pretty clear who; Karim.

All of what I had previously thought about involving Karim had brought me to tears, ones in which I was not in the slightest aware of until Adrienne had pointed them out to me. Sighing heavily to myself I proceeded in wiping them away, coming up with a form of a response as I did so. “It’s nothing Adrienne, don’t worry. Just things to do with my mum, a few days ago it was her birthday and no surprise, she didn’t respond to the card I sent.” Shrugging on letting that lie escape from my lips I breathed out in relief, noticing as she seemed to buy what all I had just told her. As right then she placed her hands on my shoulders, squeezing them both.

Do not get me wrong, it is not that I do not want to tell Adrienne about all of this nor is it by any means at all that I do not trust her. It is just that the last thing I want is to bring it all up again, talking Adrienne through each and every thing which happened between Karim and I – reliving the emotions and thoughts of what it was which ended us as the happy couple in which we once were many years ago. The one thing that I want now is to forget all of which once happened, to start a fresh in my life. Look, here I am now heading for a new direction of my life in Madrid and I want my outlook on things to follow. No more dwelling on what I once had to experience, living my life the way I should with minimal problems within it now.