Chapter 20

Thozi's POV:

Stood in front of the mirror here in my room, I proceed to apply the finishing touching to my make-up ahead of the party tonight which myself, Adrienne and surprisingly Karim will all be attending. I have to admit to you though, I am ever so shocked that Karim actually agreed to come tonight. All in my head I thought he would have far better things to do rather than just to attend a party held by one of Adrienne’s friends with me. But no, just as he has done ever since I met him again, he proved me wrong on that matter and many other at that as well if I am honest. Take the way he acts now for instance, that is all a complete contrast as to how I know he used to act. There was not any affection with him. But now, well, that never stops.

Anyway, in an instance then as soon as I had finished applying my make-up the sound of my bedroom door opening echoed through my ears. And as I turned to look there, I was then of course to come face to face with an ever so smiley Adrienne. “Well then, I wonder who it is I know you’ll be trying to impress tonight.” Winking at me then with a glass of wine held all of in between her right hand I rolled my eyes in response, trying to hide the growing smirk that I had desperately wanting to be shown upon my lips. And so with that, and right then in that second, I watched as she went and sat down on the edge of my bed while looking at me in a way with a smirk across her. “Anyway, when did Karim say he’s going to be here? I forgot…”

Rolling my eyes due to her words then I turned around properly to look at her, noticing just then as she took a sip of her wine while focusing her full attention on me. “Karim should be here any minute now, he text me about ten minutes ago, telling me he’s just managed now to convince Lucia he’s going out with Isco and he’ll be here right away.” The second which I uttered those words then I noticed Adrienne rolling her eyes at me, and just from the way I could see her acting, I knew she was already drunk before we had stepped foot inside all of the party yet. So I let a loud and annoyed sigh out from my lips, resting my hand on my hip, as I walked to her, snatching her wine out her hand. “Don’t you think you’ve had enough?”

“Hey! What do you think you’re doing?” Letting slip out from her lip in an ever so sense of a high pitched voice then, I tried to act serious despite wanting to either laugh or smirk due to it. “It’s a party Thozi, I can get as drunk as I want to thank you very much.” Sticking just then her tongue out of me, before I knew it Adrienne had snatched the glass back out of my hand again and took a mouthful while walking away. But as she did so the sound of a knock at the door rang through our ears, causing Adrienne to look back at me with, mischievous smirk all upon her. “Uhh lover boy’s here.” She teased. “Maybe now you’ll at least loosen up a little.”

“My god I hate it when you’re drunk sometimes.” Shaking my head then as I uttered then all that short sentence to her, I picked up my own glass of wine from the side and proceeded in just that moment to walk over to the main area of the apartment to open the door. Where I soon did exactly that, and only to produce an ever so attractive Karim stood on the other of a side of it. A large smile upon him as he looked me up and down from head to toe. “Thank god you’re here.” Laughing as I uttered those words I soon dragged Karim in, all by the hem of his shirt. To which he instantly looked at me concerned, his eyebrows furrowed in a wave of confusion. “It’s Adrienne, she’s already drunk and she’s starting to piss me off.” I laughed.

In an instance of those words escaping our from my lips, Karim also let a laugh escape out of his lips as he wrapped an arm around me, the both of us walking over to take a seat down in that moment on the sofa to wait for the taxi to come and pick us all up. “Well, you probably would find it annoying.” To which I looked at him confused, now the both of my eyebrows in a furrow. “You’re sober…well partially anyway.” Karim nodded his head towards the glass of wine I had in my hand, causing me to smirk a little. “And drunk people when you’re sober, it isn’t exactly much fine. From experience anyway.” He shrugged, and in an instance just then I was to agree with him completely. But, then came the racket, in which followed Adrienne.