epilogue

thank you for staying! ♡

--

— rain —

"hey, you okay now?"

i playfully rolled my eyes at samuel and pointed at myself, at my clothes, at my face and the place i was in.

"if okay is this, then yes, sam. im okay."

samuel snorted and sat on the chair beside my bed, leaning and placing his hand on top of my forehead.

"oh wow, you dont have the fever anymore. but you say your head hurts, still?"

i sighed and nodded my head once, lying back on the pillows he stacked for me.

"this has been on for two weeks, will you still not go to the doctor?"

"no, samuel. we talked about this."

he just sighed and leaned back on the chair, when his eyes glanced at the desk beside my bed he stood up.

"i'll be in the kitchen. buzz when you need me."

i nodded my head and went back to doing nothing but lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

it's been, what? five months since i left? i lost track, i didnt really want to think about it anymore.

after the night i talked to woong i shut my phone off, left johnny's condo and stayed with samuel for the night instead.

when we got here in california, i changed my phone number and only samuel and a few friends knew about it too.

but i dont really have much friends since i've been staying in the house the whole time.

samuel, on the other hand, usually goes out with his own friends. i know some of them too.

"ugh, i shouldnt be sulking here."

samuel's right, this headache has been on for two weeks and i dont even know why.

i should go out and have fun, thinking about this and making it a problem wouldnt really help me at all.

i walked down the staircase and saw samuel just making his way out of the kitchen, his phone in hand.

"oh, you're heading out. where to?"

i shrugged my shoulders, grabbing a sandwich from the kitchen counter and tapping his shoulder.

"somewhere downtown maybe? i'll be back later after sundown!"

rushing to the door, samuel couldnt do anything but sigh and shrug his shoulders, waving me goodbye.

i grinned to myself after getting out, now this is fresh air!

"maybe tagging someone along would be nice,"

for a minute, i thought of who to call and hang out with me. guanlin? nah, he's probably busy for something. he's always busy.