• 20 •

When we got home Perla sat on my couch staring at Jay & Jay staring at Perla "okay..." I stood up "who wants to do something?" I looked at them both "slash, I don't like this girl." Jay said "he doesn't even call you dad, what the fuck?" Perla shouted "do cuss in front of my son!" I yelled at her "what?" Jay said "aye Jay, how about you go upstairs & watch t.v?" I asked but it was kinda a command "fine" he stomped going up the stairs, once I heard the door close I started

"what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"With me? with you."

"No, you come & want to start fucking problems!"

"How, slash?!"

"Cause he is my kid! I just missed some parts of his life & he doesn't think I am his dad so chill the fuck out & stop saying stupid shit!"

"Don't get mad at me because you got fucking responsibilities now!"

"I am not even mad, I happy & proud! I haven't had alcohol all day!"

"Oh so he is stopping you from drinking, see now you have a kid & you can't do certain things. It's his fault, slash!"

"No it isn't my son's fault! This is nobody's fault! It just something I am doing for my son!"

"Well that's not a good thing, you know you wanna go out & drink!"

"Yeah I do, but I can't, I got a son!"

"& he is holding you back from fun!"

"Your a fucking bitch!"

I pulled her arm & pushed her outside "whore!" I spit on her & slammed the door in her face, I looked up at the top of the stairs & seen Jay staring down at me. I went to the top where he was "hey jay!" I forced a smile "slash your my friend right?" he asked "of course!" I nodded my head "well is what she said true?" he asked me "what stuff?" I ask him "about you being my dad?" he stuttered "look Jay, we are friends but I am also your dad, but if you just wanna be pals then that's okay, whenever you're ready to start calling me dad just do it okay? but even if you don't want me to be your dad that's fine cause we are always going to be just friends." I smiled staring into his eyes similar to my own "well we are friends but even though you're my dad I wanna call you Slash, maybe next time you could be dad." he walked back into the room. I was left there on the satiates thinking about this, was he ever going to call me dad? He knew I was his dad & if he didn't wanna call me dad just yet then that's fine, he's still going to be my son. I can't believe that Perla said its his fault, it nobody's fault because this is a good thing. Yeah I had a cigarette earlier but I haven't drank, that's a good thing, sober is a good thing. It's a change but change is good.

Sunday came by quicker then I thought & at 10am Arabella came for Jay. Luckily I had packed all his things from the night before so he was able to just get up & leave. "Oh, Slash!" Jay & Arabella were already towards the gate to leave but Jay ran to me followed by Arabella "what happened, man?" I squatted down "I have your necklace." he took off the shark tooth necklace, the one Arabella had given to me years ago, before the accident, this just broke my heart thinking about everything that happened to her that night "oh thanks." I smiled "remember this?" I stood up & smiled at Arabella "remember this?" she lifted up the necklace that was on her neck, it was a silver heart pendant that she opened with a small picture of her & the band. She gave me a small smile & Jay gave me a tight hug "oh slash?" Arabella stopped once she got to the gate "yeah?" I answered "how about i just pick him up from school & drop him off on Fridays?" She asked with a smirk & I just nodded my head. I had Jay in my life & I get to spend every single weekend with him. They got into the car & drove off I walked inside & sat on the couch,going to take a long nap. "Slash, its for you?" My maid interrupted me "hello?" I answered "slash, baby im sorry." Perla said "sure you are!" I said sarcastically "that's your son & he is doing good things for you, I am sorry!" she apologized "fine" I muttered "I'll be over in ten!" She said, Oh was I in for a night....