Chapter 6

Dianne's POV

We headed off to the stage where all the dances would take place. I was so happy I was put in a group with Joe it meant we could talk more. Ranj and Janette were talking in front of us and we walked behind talking.
D-"So, have you got your eyes on any pro you want to be paired with"
J-"Urr...Yeah... but I'm not telling you who"
D-"Why not"
J-"What if I don't get her"
D-"Well I don't know but please tell me"
J-"Nope"
D-"Urgg you're so annoying"
J-"We haven't even been talking 5 minutes and you're already finding me annoying, great start Joe, great start"
I laughed and he laughed to. When he did he looked me in the eye. He had this sparkle in his eyes that not many people notice but it's beautiful, seriously I sound like I'm in grade school I need to get over myself.
D-"I think we've lost Ranj and Janette"
J-"I have no idea where they went"
D-"Neither do I"
J-"Well we're about to walk past my dressing room so do you just want to sit in there until hair and makeup need us"
D-"Sure"
We walked into his dressing room, sat down on the sofa and continued to ask each other questions.
D-"So why did you come on Strictly"
J-"Urmm well ... I love learning new skills and my Nan watches the show so I also partly came on here to make her proud"
D-"That's really cute and I admire you for that"
J-"Really most people would laugh"
D-"Well I didn't laugh when you made that joke the other day about living in your sisters shadow did I and also I'm not most people"
J-"No you're not"
We stared into each others eyes for a few seconds. I could honestly get lost in his eyes, it wasn't an awkward silence it's more of an understanding one if that makes sense.
J-"Ok so it's my turn to ask you a question"
D-"shoot"
J-"What made you fall in love with dance"
D-"Well I could tell you the fake version that I tell most people or the real version, take your pick"
J-"The real one if you're comfortable telling me"
D-"Yeah, but I should warn you it's not the most jolly answer"
J-"It's ok I'm all ears or whatever the saying is"
We both chuckled.
D-"Basically, dancing has always been an escape for me as I could express my emotions without having to say them out loud, this helped me a lot to figure things out with my family and stuff"
J-"Do all your family live in Australia other than your dad of course"
D-"Urm no they don't actually I mean some do but I don't really speak or see them as you can imagine"
J-"Well yeah you live on different parts of the planet"
I laughed and he just stared at me.
D-"What"
J-"This may sound creepy but it's unintentional"
D-"Go on"
J-"You have a really beautiful smile"
D-"What"
J-"Your smile it's beautiful, it's the sort of smile that could light up a room or cure anyone's sadness"
D-"Well ... Thanks I guess"
J-"No it's fine, sorry if you found that creepy"
D-"No it's just no one has ever really paid me any compliments"
J-"Well they should, if you need any more compliments you know where to find me"
The production team called "All pros head to hair and makeup"
D-"Well that's me"
J-"Yeah"
I got up and Joe did to. He pulled me into a big hug before kissing my head. I knew he thought he had done something wrong as he quickly pulled away. So I looked up at him and smiled and pulled him into another hug at first I think he was shocked but then he realised and wrapped his arms around me. We pulled away as I headed to the door.
J-"See ya out there"
D-"Yeah, hope you get the girl you want"
He chuckled as I walked out and went to hair and makeup.

Follow my Instagram: suggwell_city
Check out my other Joanne story:
•Back In Time
•The Wedding Planner