Chapter 26

Dianne's POV

The Samba went okay but we still managed to get through to Blackpool week. I'm so happy I knew how much this meant to Joe he wants to make his nan so proud, so badly and I think he's done more than that and has been doing for years. We were both getting ready for the Pride of Britain awards, by that I mean Joe is waiting downstairs for me.

D-"I'M COMING"

Joe's POV

Wow. That's my girlfriend. She's mine. My jaw was actually on the floor. How the hell did I get so lucky?

J-"You... you... look perfect like always"
D-"..."
J-"I swear you get even more perfect every time I see you"

Dianne's eyes started welling up.

J-"What's wrong"
D-"Nothing I'm happy, I love you... thank you"
J-"What are you thanking me for"
D-"Being you and loving me"
J-"I could never not love you"

I pulled Dianne close to my chest and hugged her tightly, hoping that somehow it would show her how much I loved her but nothing could. I've never cared about someone so much in my life, and I would happily spend the rest of my life proving that, I love her.

Dianne's POV

Joe and I arrived at the awards, avoiding the red carpet. We stayed with the rest of the strictly lot mainly talking to Stacey and Kevin.

D-"Joe I just need the toilet"
J-"Okay"
D-"I'll be back in a minute"

I was walking back to Joe when I was pushed against a wall. I turned and saw my ex. He started trying to kiss me, all he did was smudge my lipstick. I pushed him off of me and shouted "GET OFF OF ME" I quickly ran back to find Joe.

D-"Stacey Where's Joe"
S-"He said he was coming to find you"

I called Joe and it went straight to voicemail.

Joe's POV

All I could see was blurry images of things surrounding me, tears filled my eyes. How could she? I thought she loved me. I guess not. But that's not like Dianne but I saw it with my own eyes. I was so conflicted, I went back to my home. No, I went back to my apartment. It wasn't my home because Dianne herself was my home. I guess things and feelings change.

Follow my Instagram: suggwell_city
Check out my other Joanne story:
•Back In Time
•The Wedding Planner