Chapter Twenty Two

Diana's POV

I parked in an open space of the parking lot at Michael's complex that he lived in. I looked to the dashboard of the car to check the time. It was only 10:13 so Michael, Calum, and Luke were still at school.

I hoped Ashton was at their flat as I walked out if my car and into the rain which wasn't coming down as hard anymore.

I raised my hand to knock on the door as it flew open it front of me. I stepped back with a look of surprise on my face as a very shocked Ashton did the same.

"Diana! Oh my God are you okay?" He exclaimed as he put his hands on my shoulders to keep me still as he looked me over.

"Erm, yeah. I'm fine Ashton." I awkwardly replied, giving him a confused look.

"Then why aren't you at school? Did something happen?" He continued.

"I had some things to do."

"Like what?"

I stayed silent because I wasn't sure if Michael had told Ashton what was going on yet and I didn't want to just tell him that I was at the police station for no reason. Even if Ashton did know what was happening I wouldn't tell him that I thought my mom really had written a letter explaining why she committed suicide; I would only tell him what my intentions were for tomorrow.

"Diana, Michael told me about everything. You can tell me why you aren't at school right now." He explained.

I slowly nodded my head but before I could say anything Ashton spoke again. "You can come inside if you'd like."

"Alright, thank you Ashton." I smiled as we walked inside the flat and into the living room.

I took a seat on the couch and Ashton did the same. I looked up at him and took a deep breath. "I was at the police station."

Ashton's eyes grew bigger than they were before and his lips parted in shock.

I continued talking to explain myself before he could say anything in response. "I went there to try and figure something out and one of the officers at the station noticed the bruises. They tried to convince me to tell them what happened but I just wouldn't tell them anything. We started to walk around the precinct and then the officer that responded to my mother's suicide and who was in charge of the case saw me. He started talking to me and then the other officer walked away. Officer Landon, the one who handled the case, talked to me a little and then he mentioned the bruises too. At first I was reluctant to say anything, but he kept telling me all of these things that sounded so horrible when in reality I knew they would all happen unless I told someone. So that's I'm going to do."

"What do you mean 'that's what you're going to do'? Did you not actually tell him?" Pressed Ashton, wanting to know exactly what happened and too curious about my almost confession to remember to ask why I was there in the first place.

"I told him that I would come back tomorrow and then I would tell them everything. I wanted to tell Michael what I was going to do before I actually did it." I elaborated.

He nodded his head as his eyebrows drew together in thought. "Okay. So is that why you came here?"

"Yeah. I knew he would be at school but I was hoping that you would be okay with me staying here until they got back." I paused a moment. "I really just didn't want to go back home." I said as looked down at my lap.

"Hey, it's okay. You're going to tell the police everything tomorrow and your dad won't be able to hurt you ever again, alright?" He comforted.

I just nodded my head. "I'm sorry for bothering you with all of this. I really didn't mean to drag Michael into anything." I apologized.