Chapter Twenty Seven

Diana's POV

"You know you'll be okay, right? You need to do this if you want to be safe Diana." Said Michael as we climbed the stairs to the police station where I had been earlier Thursday morning.

"Yeah, I know. It just doesn't feel right." I sighed as Michael opened the door for me.

It was almost eight o'clock on Friday evening. After checking out of the hospital Michael took me back to his apartment. Ashton let him keep the car as long as he was willing to drive Luke and Calum to and from school and drop Ashton off at their flat while Michael stayed with me at the hospital.

Michael, Ashton, and I spent the day eating ice cream, pizza, and other unhealthy food while talking about whatever came to our minds. It was really nice to stop worrying about everything for a while and it was extremely funny to watch Michael and Ashton banter back and forth like little children.

Now here I was with Michael at the Riverbell Police Station preparing to tell Officer Landon about the abuse I had been suffering. The abuse that had started after my mother's suicide. The abuse that was done at my father's hand.

Michael laced our hands together as we made out way further into the building in search for Officer Landon's desk. All around us were police officers running around in a rushed manner or busily filing paper work. The other people in here were either in handcuffs or victims of some crime. For such a small town this was a really busy police station.

"Is this him?" I heard Michael ask as he pointed to a desk that had a tall and lanky officer seated behind it.

I nodded my head in confirmation. He squeezed my hand to reassure me as we began walking towards his desk. I stood in front of the chipped wood of the wobbly desk for a minute before Officer Landon lifted his head up to see who was waiting for his attention.

"Diana! I'm glad you remembered to stop by again tonight." He smiled, standing up from his chair to walk over to me.

I just nodded my head and smiled in response. I was starting to overthink what I was about to do and it was making me nervous.

"Hi, I'm Michael, Diana's...friend I guess." Spoke Michael.

"You guess?" Questioned the officer as his eyes took note of our hands which were still linked together.

"Yes." I said after another minute of silence while Michael nodded his head beside me.

"Mhm. I've heard that one before." Replied Officer Landon with a small hint of a smile. "Would you like me to pull up a chair for you to sit at my desk or would you like to talk about this some place more private?" He asked, getting right down to business.

"Can we talk somewhere else please?"

"Sure, whatever you're more comfortable with." He nodded while leading us down the hallway to the storage room that we went to yesterday. We stopped at the caged storage area where Officer Landon asked, "Are you still looking for something?"

I looked at Michael with a sad expression on my face remembering the letter I had read last night before replying to him. "No, I found what I was looking for."

"Alright then. The last door on your right is where we are going. I have to go get some things, but you can head down there." He instructed.

Once Michael and I were in the room we pulled up two chairs for us to sit in at the table. The room wasn't very big; it had just enough room for the table at it's center and the few chairs surrounding it. The walls were either painted a dull grey or used to be white and were never cleaned.