Chapter Fourteen

Michael's POV

It had been a few days since I first went to Diana's house and I have to admit that things got a lot better between us after our "serious discussion" as she liked to call it. I went to her house that Friday too because we hadn't done any actual work on Thursday. We didn't see each other over the weekend because her dad wouldn't let her go anywhere, but we still texted. Monday had also gone by without getting together for the project and I was thankful when Tuesday arrived so that we could go to her house again. The project was basically done and it was due on Friday so I assumed we would talk most of the time at her place. I hoped that she would open up to me soon because I wasn't sure how much longer I could handle being left in the dark on her current and past situation.

"Mikey and Cal if you want to eat before school you might want to come in here before Luke eats all of the cereal!" called Ashton from the kitchen.

"Hide the box from him until I get there!" I suggested while grabbing my book bag from the floor of my room and heading towards the sound of clattering bowls and spoons.

I heard footsteps thundering against the ground behind me before I was knocked off of my feet and into the wall by a hungry Calum. "Sorry mate! First come first serve and I want to eat this morning!" he said while continuing his way to the kitchen.

"Screw you Cal!" I groaned at him as I pulled myself up from the ground.

When I walked into the kitchen Luke, Calum, and Ashton were shoveling spoonfuls of fruit loops into their mouths. I grabbed the box of cereal from the cupboard along with a bowl. I tipped the box forward to get it's contents into my bowl and frowned when nothing came out. I turned around and threw the empty box at Luke who was putting his now empty bowl of fruit loops into the sink.

"Hey!" he screeched as the box hit his side and tumbled to the floor.

"You ate all of the cereal!"

"Not all of it! Calum and Ashton had some too!" he defended, pointing a finger at the two he had just accused. They both looked up from their bowls and then back down at their food and back up again.

"You had two giant bowls of the cereal I only had one, normal sized bowl!" said Calum through another mouthful of the colored loops in his mouth.

"Me too!" spoke Ashton, putting his hands up in surrender.

I looked back at Luke with a scowl on my face. "You eat too much food." I concluded.

He just shrugged his shoulders in response.

"We have to go if you guys don't want to be late."

"But Ash! I didn't eat!" I whined to him.

"I warned you." he reminded stepping out of our flat waiting for us to follow.

"And I told you to hide the box from him."

"Quit giving me attitude or else you'll walk to school." he scowled.

"Whatever you say mother." I mocked. "Speaking of giving me a ride, can you pick me up from Diana's again?"

"You guys are still working on that project? I thought you were done."

"He's working on more than the project Ashton." Said Calum, wiggling his eyebrows in a suggestive manner.

I punched Calum in the arm as Luke and Ashton laughed at my defensiveness. "I am not! Can you drive me home from her place or not Ash?" I asked again trying to avoid the previous topic.

"Yeah sure, 3:40ish again?"

I nodded my head. "Thanks."

***