Dinner for Strippers

"We need to talk." Mercedes approaches Quinn at her locker ‪Tuesday morning‬.

The blonde turns, her heart in her throat. "Okay."

Mercedes takes her hand and leads her to an alcove. They sit but Mercedes continues holding her hand. "We're not going to talk about our sexualities. We're not going to talk about the past. But I am going to give you a chance."

Quinn grows indescribably happy and it shows on her face. "Yay!"

Mercedes holds up a hand. "I do not appreciate you lying to me or tricking me. We will be talking about that later."

Quinn hopes she forgets. "Okay."

"Now I'm inviting Sammy over for dinner tonight. I think after that, I need about a week away from all of you then a week with each of you. All of you will have a Saturday, where we will have the perfect date.

Then it'll be April and I can pick. And no matter who I pick, we're friends and we'll have to stay friends. All of us."

Quinn doesn't want that but will agree to nearly anything. She nods. "Okay."

"Good. Now I have to find Sam."

Quinn hugs her again before letting her go. Now that she's gotten this far, it's time to pull out the big guns. This date will be the best date Mercedes has ever been on!

MJ

Sam shakes.

"Are you okay?" Blaine leans over to whisper.

Sam starts and looks at him. Blaine isn't exactly his best friend but the only friend he has in this class. They'd had a shaky start but that's how glee is. Right? When they need each other, they're right there. He gulps. "No."

"What's wrong?"

Sam makes sure the teacher isn't looking. "Mercy invited me to dinner with her parents. And they know everything."

Blaine grimaces. "Ouch!"

"Yeah."

Blaine thinks about it. "Maybe you can use that to your advantage?"

"How?"

"Go in and tell the truth. You love their daughter."

Sam rolls that through his head. It isn't bad advice. He does love their daughter. With his whole heart. He calms. "Thanks, Blaine."

"No problem." Blaine smiles. "And about earlier this year? I'm sorry. I'm not usually so judgmental. I was just out of my element with new people at a new school. I shouldn't have been a jerk."

Sam is surprised but he likes the apology. "No problem."

Blaine chuckles softly at having his words thrown back at him. He can see this blossoming into a beautiful friendship.

MJ

"So where are we going?"

Artie stills when he hears Santana behind him. He'd made up his mind that he'd dreamt the day before. "How about Breadstix?"

"Really?" Although she loves Breadstix, she was expecting something better.

He smirks at her lackluster tone and turns to view her and a nosy Brittany (who's peeking into his locker). "How about you come over to my house for dinner then?"

Brittany smiles. "Yay."

Santana gulps. "Yay."

Artie knows his family will run them off quickly. Brittany barely survived the last time. Abramses are tough. "You're not wearing that, are you?"