First Days

Mercedes knows she's going to be late to school but she doesn't care. She wants Marcy to look her best. "There!"

Marcy pulls at the short skirt. It's white and ruffled and flared like a tennis skirt with a wide band at top. She's also wearing a white tank top (with black bra) with a rainbow crown of gemstones.

Over it is a blue jean jacket. She has layered necklaces on with the sleeves of the jacket pushed up so she can have bracelets on. A pair of giant hoops adorn her lower lobes while diamonds wink in her second and third holes in her ears.

She has a few rings on and her nails cut and painted a sparkly black. She has her toes painted red and in peekaboo black pumps. She wobbles a bit as she's never worn heels before (excluding dance practice/shows).

On her face is full makeup. Mercedes put her in foundation and minimum blush, brown eyeshadow, blue mascara and a red lip.

"I'm not sure about this. I look stupid." Marcy doesn't like this.

"You do not! Stop saying that!" Mercedes swats her hands away from her hemline. "Now remember your appointment is ‪at 12:45‬."

Marcy nods. She kept her promise to get a Brazilian blowout appointment at their favorite hair salon.

"I'm glad you stopped off for new underwear last night." Mercedes lifts her sister's chin.

"Mal bugged me to see what I had on but I wouldn't show him."

"You want to surprise him?"

"I think so."

"Get it, girl!" Mercedes snaps her fingers.

Marcy grins. "Alright, go to class. I have nothing to do today until that appointment so I will be lounging around the house like this ‪until noon‬."

"When do you think Marc is coming home?" Mercedes worries suddenly.

"I don't know."

"He'll make you change!"

"I'm not thinking about him." Marcy tosses her head.

"Please don't get blood on this outfit." Mercedes giggles.

"If he don't start none, it won't be none."

Mercedes laughs. "Think about hanging out with Laura today. She will love the company."

"I'll think about it. Now seriously. Go!" Marcy shoos her off.

"Okay! Okay!" Mercedes adjusts her own black jean jacket and grabs her things. They travel downstairs and Mercedes kisses Marcy's cheek gently. "See you at glee."

"Bye." Marcy shuts and locks the door behind Mercedes, who skips to her car.

Mercedes gets in her Prius and drives to school. Usually she gets there pretty early but today she is right on time for the bell to ring as she's parking. Luckily it's the warning bell so she hurries straight to her first class of the day.

"What took you so long?" Mike asks.

"You'll see." Mercedes says smugly.

He eyes her suspiciously but she only beams at him. "Okay..."

MJ

Tina has waited all morning (first period) for Mercedes. As soon as she walks into second period, she pounces on the shorter but older girl. "Cedes!"

"T!" Mercedes shouts back.

Tina runs to pull her to a seat. "Kurt told me and Britt all about your house! It sounds amazing!"