Chapter 33

The party was just a ten minute hike from the lake house to a little cove that was already swarmed by mostly college kids. Our group immediately split up into pairs leaving me with Amber. It couldn't get any better than that for me. As soon as we started to move into the crowd I was worried about losing her.

     She must have felt the same because her small hand worked its way into mine and she held on tight dragging me with her. We found an area where a lot of people were listening to music and dancing. "You have to dance with me Jay. It's the rule." Before I could argue she took my hands and threw them on her hips just as her hands slid around my neck.

     My eyes started drifting down her body and she didn't seem to mind. She wore her daisy dukes again, but they were showing off her perfect long legs. She went simply and only wore her bikini top and it left me drooling. How I wished I could let my hands roam over her body and kiss her all over.

     "Where did this rule come from exactly?" I could feel her hips roll in my hands and it was driving me insane. She shook her head looking at me with a silly smile plastered on her face.

     "Don't you remember? Before our first middle school dance you gave me one rule before you said I could go with another boy. The rule was I was suppose to have my first dance with you no matter what. God Bethany kept reminding me about that before the Christmas party. I thought it was silly, but she said I had to keep true to my promise."

     "I'm glad you did because I wouldn't trade away our dance together for anything. You have always been an amazing dancer and I couldn't ask for a better dance partner." The song Drift Away by Uncle Kracker starts to play in the background so I pull her closer looking into her warm honey eyes. I soon lose myself in them and I never notice that we are both singing together.

     The would seems to come rushing back as the beat ends, but I can't pull away. Her hands slowly fall away and my chest starts to ache for her touch again. "Jayden do you mind finding me something to drink? I don't care as long as it's cold."

     "Sure thing." I place a kiss on the top of her head. "Try not to have too much fun without me."

     "I think I see a girl friend I need to say hey to so I won't be far. Hurry back." She turns away first and heads towards a new group of girls. I need to hurry back to her. I rush over to an area where some coolers are and grab two waters. The thought of alcohol tonight makes me feel a little sick and I believe she would feel the same after last night.

     I walk back to where I last saw her and I end up standing there like an idiot scanning the crowd for her. I start to panic slightly when I hear her voice raise slightly. "I know I need to tell him about it. I've been looking for a way to tell him for the past couple of months, but I can't. I don't know if he will look at me the same if I tell him."

     I start to approach the two girls talking when Amber spins around seeing me. "Oh Jayden. You got back faster than I thought." I offer her the water and she grabs it quickly just to turn it up. When she looks at me I can see the how nervous she is. She breaks eye contact to stare at the ground. What is going on with her? "Jay I think you and her need to have a talk alone." I study her before looking up to meet a pair of bright emerald eyes.

     "Zoe." Her name barely comes out of my mouth. Seeing her honestly feels like getting punch in the gut by a heavyweight boxer. I feel Amber pat my arm grabbing my attention.

     "You talk to her while I check on Bethany and Melanie. Please Jayden." I only nod once and then her hand slowly slides down my arm and away. I watch her walk away and finally Zoe grabs my wrist pulling me to a quiet spot  near the water. Why the hell would she come back after just leaving so suddenly months ago.