Ch. 5: The Others

Marinette
As I finish singing I feel the bus stop. I open my eyes and see everyone staring at me.

"What?" I ask

" YOU CAN SING!!! " they all yell

"Girl why didn't you tell me you you sing?" Alya asks.

" I didn't want anyone to know... Besides I've never performed in front of anyone before. " LIE!!!

"You sang great Marinette." Chloe says.

Everyone but mine and Adrien's mouths drop. I always knew she had a good side. Even after she became cold to me.

"Thanks Chloe."

"Close your mouths unless you want to catch flies! " we both say.

We both giggle. I take out my phone and text Chloe.

C=Chloe, M=Marinette
M: There's the Chloe I know. 😊
C: Hey Marinette, I'm sorry about the way I treated you since we were five. I was jealous. I wanted to be you. I'm sorry for everything I've done to you.
M:I forgive you. And trust me you DON'T want to be me. I've been through a lot before we even became friends when we were 5. Is rather not talk about it...

I feel a year fall down my face. I quickly wipe it away and put the makeup on it to cover my cheek marks.

The bus stops and we get off. I'm the last one to get off the bus. My hands begin to shake. I try to hide it but I fail.

"Hey you ok?" Chloe asks.

" No... Ever since Maria... " I say

"Oh..." Chloe says

Chloe is the only person it old about my 'dead sister' in person. Everyone else knows because of the news.

"What about her?" Chloe asks

" I used to practice with her... This is the same place it happened. What makes it worse it's the same day... Today... 8 years ago... On this date... During the finals... She... "

I run to the bathroom that's on the side of the building and lock the door. I cry and let my tears flow down my face. I hear flapping. I create a white orb. I turn it and it opens. I close it when the akuma is in it. I turn it to close it. I tap the top and a butterfly flies out.

"I didn't know you could do that Marinette." Tikki says.

" I didn't either. I'll only use it if it's an emergency and ask to stop an akuma if I can. I won't use it too much or people might be able to connect the dots of me being ladybug. "

"They won't know unless you tell them or transform or de-transform in front of them." Tikki says

"Thanks for telling me Tikki. You should've told me before I started to freak out." I say

" Sorry. " Tikki says

"Its ok." I say

I wash my face and do my makeup again. I cover my cheeks and leave the bathroom.

I see everyone waiting on me. I walk up to them. I'm squished with hugs.

"Class we need to go inside."

We follow Ms. Bustier inside. I barely get inside when I'm squished with hugs.,

"MARIA!!!" They yell

" GUYS!!! Chill. " I say

I hear a cough behind me.

"Oh! Class, this is Felix, Bri, Jenny, Sam, Ava, Carl, Josh, Dana, Evan, Hannah, Michael, Olivia, Celeste, and Taylor. They work here. Felix, Bri, Jenny, Sam, Ava, Carlos, Josh, Dana, Evan, Hannah, Michael, Olivia, Celeste, and Taylor, this is my class from school, Adrien, Alya, Nino, Ivan, Mylene, Rose, Juleka, Chloe, Nathaniel, Max, Sabrina, Lila, and Ms. Bustier. "