xxxii

this is before five left and everyone is still 13 years old.

I looked at the dress, more like gown, on my bed. I don't want to do this.

Dad said that we have to attend some banquet for us held at city hall. Of course we still have to wear our domino masks but we have to dress fancy.

The dress I was going to wear was an asymmetrical black dress. We had to go with our theme of our uniforms but black looks better on me.

We also had to have our academy's logo on our person. I chose to wear mine as a pin.

I sighed. I put on the dress and fixed my pin. I went to where the girls were doing their hair and makeup.

"Y/N you look so good!" I chuckled softly at Allison's excitement. Allison chose a beautiful burgundy dress that was a ball gown.

"You really do Y/N!" I smiled at Vanya. Vanya chose a deep navy blue dress that stopped just above her knees.

"Maybe Five night think so too." Allison wi is at me. I feel my face turn red.

"Y-Y-Yeah. S-Sure."

I walk over to Mom so she can do my hair. She puts my hair into an intricate braid that resembled a crown. I thanked her once she finished.

When Allison asked what I wanted for makeup, I said a natural look. The outfit was extravagant enough.

She made a natural look but said some lip gloss would help it. I begrudgingly submitted.

By the time we finished, we had all been excited who would we be paired for the night. Allison had wished for Luther, obviously, Vanya wanted to hang out with Klaus and Ben for the night, and I hoped I could hang out with Five. We all agreed that Diego would be better with Mom.

We were called downstairs. We only saw Dad standing there with a clipboard.

"Alright. So here are the pairs. Number 1 with Number 3. Number 2 with Grace. Number 4 with Number 4 and 6 with Number 7. And Number Five with Number 8."

Did he listen to us? What the fuck. He's never this nice. Okay then.

"C'mon girls. The boys are waiting right through this door." My palms instantly became sweaty and I felt nervous.

We opened the door and saw all the boys in tuxedos and ties. They all had pins of the academy's logo, like mine. Allison has chosen to have hers as a patch on her purse, while Vanya had hers on a headband.

The boys all looked at us and their expressions were all shocked. I looked at Five for his reaction. He was blushing and his mouth was in the shape of an o.

Everyone went to their designated partners. I hesitantly made my way over to Five.

"Y-You look beautiful Y/N." His posture made me loosen up a bit. But just a bit.

"T-Thanks. You look handsome." He smiled.

Dad called us and told us it was time to go to the event. We all got into a line, I guess. Luther and Allison were at the front, Diego with Mom, Klaus, Vanya, and Ben in the middle, and Five and I at the end.

When we arrived at city hall, the entrance was completely filled with paparazzi. We had to walk on a red carpet. Dammit.

We were told to pose with designated partner. Well shit.

I walked into the carpet with Five next to me. We stood together like we would normally do, but this little shithead decided to put his hand on my waist.

So naturally I almost passed out, but I powered through it until we got inside. I expected for him to remove his hand, but was he full of surprises today! He just kept there, smiling like an idiot.

This is going to be a long night.

part two of this coming soon.