xl

(this sounds like a ben x reader but it isn't)

I went out to the courtyard. The notion had adapted itself into my routine.

I held the flowers in my hands. They seemed so pointless.

I walked slowly to the statue. If only I could talk to him one more time.

"Hey Ben." My voice cracked. My mind was spinning because this was the first time I had done this in a while.

"I miss you, of course. It isn't the same without you here." I set the flowers next to his statue. Well, what was left of it. The assholes that are my brothers broke it because of an argument. I tried to fix it but I decided to not. He was a broken boy, and there is beauty in the broken.

"I'm sorry for what Luther and Diego did, you know how they are."

The eerie silence was unsettling. The cold wind made my hair flow in its path.

I knew Klaus could see Ben. Hell, I could feel Ben right now.

"Hey." I jumped at the sudden noise. I turned around saw Five.

"Oh. Hey." I turned back to the statue.

"I read about him in V's book. It took me a while to... accept it." Five's words have me chills since he was remembering the day he found the book.

"Stop it. Don't remember those days. I can feel your pain too." I grabbed his hand and squeezed three times. I. Love. You.

"I know." He squeezed back.

We stood in silence, not saying nor remembering anything of our brother, as it was still painful.

"C'mon. Let's go inside. It's still raining." As he said that, I looked at him with tears in my eyes. He turned to look at me.

"Okay." My voice was so quiet, I didn't think he heard me. His expression turned to a frown and a look of pain. He was quick to embrace me and hold me while I sobbed quietly into his shoulder. I felt us leave the cold rain and spacial jump into my room, no, our room.

"You're so strong. I know you are. But it's okay to let it out. I'm not going to tell you you're going to be okay, we all aren't going to be. But I am going to tell you that you will learn to grow from this." Five kept whispering into my ear, how good I am, etc. He kissed my forehead a couple times and kept rubbing my shoulder in a comforting manner.

My sobbing has quieted down to small sniffs. I pulled away from Five's arms and laid on our bed. He put on Inside Out and laid down next to me.

"There is beauty in the broken." My breath caught in my throat. I looked at Five and smiled.

"There is, isn't there?"