lxxxix

what do y'all think of me making a dream team imagine book? i wanna write something more than just five, let me know what y'all want me to write!

"Love, I just don't get the point of doing this. We're adults for crying out loud!" Five said as he stood in his skeleton costume. I giggled.

"Five sit down! I need to do your face paint! And we're doing this because if we're gonna be stuck in our child bodies, we might as well use them to get free candy. Besides, halloween is my favorite holiday." I poured as he sat laid back down and laid his head in my lap.

"I'm sorry, I know how much you love this time of year. I just, feel so ridiculous!" I stifled a laugh as I applied the last of the face paint.

"Well my little Jack Skellington, you'll be thanking me when we're stuffing our faces full of candy!" I wiggles my fingers and stuck my tongue out. He smiled and shook his head.

His hands took mine and spun me. I laughed and pulled away.

"C'mon silly! It's getting late and I plan on filling both packs!" I quickly put my shoes on and frappes our things.

"You're my cute little skeleton." He kissed the top of my head and I grabbed his hand.

"Let's go!" We ran down the stairs before being stopped by Pogo and Mom.

"Where do you think you two are going?" Pogo said as he stood in the doorway.

"Trick or treating. You know I always do this Pogo and Fives here so..." I smiled. Grace softened at the sight of us holding hands.

"You know the drill my love. Have fun and be safe." Mom kissed the top of our heads and we went on our way.

As we passed the lights and decorations, Five kept holding onto my hand. We had filled both bags, to the brim. People tend to give more candy to teenage couples because of "puppy love". But they don't know that we've been together for like 20 years but whatever. More candy is more happiness.

We went back home at about 11, we wanted to stay up and watch some movies while eating our candy. I tried to offer some butterscotch to Pogo but he passed, saying he's too old for sugar. And I'd give Mom some but... yea.

I walked up the stairs, trying to take off my Chuck Taylors, before I felt Five's hands on my waist.

"Come on. Just a little longer and I'll help you get into some comfortable clothes." I nodded but was quickly caught off guard when I felt him pick me up. I wrapped my legs around him to prevent me from falling.

"What are you doing?" He continued to walk up the stairs as I buried my head in the crook of his neck.

"I'm carrying my beautiful wife up to our bedroom so I can enjoy her for the night." He secured his hands on the bottom of my thighs. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"We aren't officially married dum-dum. You just told me 'We're married now' and took me to get coffee." I laughed as he walked us to our room.

"Well, it's a good thing I did too." He chuckled and set me down on the bed. I cocked my head to the side.

He got on his knee, I thought to take off my shoe. But then he started talking.

"My beautiful sweet love, I know that all your life you've been treated by the hands of a monster. And I have been forced to stand back and let him. But now, I don't want to," I started to tear up and put my hands on my mouth, "I let him do experiments on you. But now I won't let him hurt you anymore. If you'll let me, I want to be the one to keep you safe. I want to be the one to hold you. I want to be the one who you lean on. Y/N, I want to reassure both you and myself that we will have each other in this life, and the next. So," At this point I was full blown crying, trying to fathom what was happening, as he took out a simple gold ring, "will you allow me to be your husband, 'By the Love that moves the sun and the other stars'." He held up the ring and smiled.

"Yes on my gosh I'd be stupid not to." I laughed as tears slid down my face. I held out my hand as he slipped on the ring. It read "By the Love that moves the sun and the other stars." I cried as I held onto Five.

"I love you." I kissed him, reminding me of how much he had been wanting to do this. I pulled away but rested my forehead on his. He wiped my tears away as I smiled.

"Thank you. For standing by me." He said as he helped me stand.

"Always."