lvi

I put on my leather jack and told Pogo I was leaving to get groceries. Grace smiled at me and said to be careful.

I walked out the Academy, but before I did, Five rushed out of our room to join me. I giggled at his eagerness to join me.

"So babe, whats with the urge to join me on my weekly grocery run?" Five looked at me and his cheeks were tinted a light pink. I giggled.

"I don't know. I just wanted to see what it's like." He held my free hand while my other one was carrying the reusable bags. I chuckled and looked straight ahead.

When we arrived at the supermarket, I got out the grocery list.

"Okay, so we need some milk, eggs, flour, sugar, chocolate chips, butter, some bread and Doritos. Go get a shopping cart Five."

if you don't like doritos, i'm sorry.

Five looked around confused. I giggled and dragged him to the carts. I pushed it while Five walked behind me like a lost puppy.

I grabbed the items on the list but Five left my side at one point. I spent a good fifteen minutes of trying to find him before spotting him in the coffee aisle.

I sighed and steered the cart towards him.

"Babe, what are you doing?" He snapped his head to look at me and grinned lopsidedly.

"I want to do an experiment." He grabbed two coffee ground bags from two different brands hat claimed to have the strongest black coffee. I sighed.

"Honey, I can only buy so much and the Doritos are coming from my allowance." Five looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

"No, stop that. You know I can't say no when you do that!" I looked away from his attempts to get me to say. The I got an idea.

"If I buy you these out of my allowance and not what Pogo gave me for the groceries, would you do me a favor?" Five seemed to weigh the cons in his head. He smiled and agreed.

We paid and put the food in the bags. We walked home and gave Mom the groceries so she could put them back. I took my Doritos and went up to my room. Five made his black coffee with the grounds and went upstairs back to me.

"Okay, so let's see if it worked." I opened my Doritos as I watched Five drink the most bitter coffee in the world. His face lit up as he sipped it. I think I might've see a tear if happiness from him. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

"It's so much better than anything I've ever had." He looked at me with sappy eyes and a euphoric smile. I giggled and shook my head.

"So it's bitter like Diego?" Five chuckled. He nodded and sat beside me on the bed. He grabbed the remote and turned on Netflix.

"So what's the favor I owe you?" I thought about it. I really didn't know.

"I don't know, I just wanted to have something in return for buying you your coffee." I kissed him softly and tasted the bitterness of his coffee. I giggled softly and pulled away.

"Hey, what's that giggle for?" Five pokes me in my side. I giggled even more.

"You taste like coffee. Now whenever I smell coffee, it reminds me of you." I smiled. He blushed slightly and grinned.

"Good. Now you can't get rid of me." I giggled and smacked his shoulder lightly. He laughed and kissed the top of my head.

"Let's watch some Netflix."