xxxiv

p. 2 to chapter 32 (also we hit 1k reads. what the heck. i love you all and i hope you're having a blessed day)

We all went inside and sat down at our table. We all sat next to our partners. Our table was next to the mayor's.

The mayor made a toast to the Umbrella Academy. To all our heroic deeds and the many lives we've saved. And with that, the food was served.

"So, now what do we do?" Vanya looked a little lost since this had been her first time out in the public eye and with a domino mask.

"We sit and look pretty for the public." Five sounded like he wanted to leave. I decided to brave and reach for his under the table. His didn't change but I felt his hand squeeze mine, like as if to reassure me.

"This mask feels weird. How do you guys do this?" Vanya giggles as she touches her mask. I giggled at her lost puppy vibe.

"Just act like they're a pair of glasses." Klaus made this weird expression and we all had to suppress our laughs.

Throughout the entire evening, I held hands with Five and only ate with my right hand. We all talked and cracked jokes, the usual.

But then, the mayor said that we could go to the ballroom and dance. welp, it was nice knowing all of you.

We all got up, slowly, and made our way to the dance floor. We all collectively started dancing, but one by one really.

We were all having a great time. Until they decided to play a slow song. Luther and Allison immediately started dancing to it but Diego, Klaus, Ben, and Vanya al left the dance floor.

Five looked at me with red cheeks.

"May I have this d-dance?" His voice trembled a bit but I giggled.

"Of course." He took my hand and put it on his shoulder. He took his hand and put t back on my waist. He held my hand in his and we started to sway to the music.

"You look absolutely amazing." He smiled.

"Thank you. I didn't want to pick a color that was bright." I looked down at our feet. Five was quick to make me look at him.

"I think the dress suits you." I blush at his compliment. Then I realized how close we are and I think he realized it too. We both started to lean before I stopped. Five looked hurt.

"Not here. Too many people."  His expression turns into an understanding one.

We keep dancing until Dad said it was time to leave. The press snaps a few more photos and then we get in the limo and leave.

When we get home, we go to our rooms to change out of our formal wear. I had taken off my dress and shoes before I was in the bathroom removing my makeup when I heard Five spacial jump into my room.

"Y/N?" I opened the bathroom door.

"In here!" He walked in and saw me. I took off the last of my make up and looked at him.

"What's up?" He looked at me and smirked.

"You owe me a kiss." I knew I blushed at his bold response.

"O-Oh." I mentally kicked myself for my stupid response.

Five chuckled softly and spacial jumped to where he was inches away from my face. He leaned in and kissed me softly. I melted into the kiss and put my arms around his neck and shoulders. He held me by my waist.

When we pulled away, we were both blushing. We both chuckled softly.

Five leaned and put his forehead on mine.

"I love you." We were both surprise seeing as we both said it. We chuckled again.

"Thanks for tonight." My voice was so soft it could barely hear me.

"I want to do it again." Five pulled me a bit closer.

"I'd like that."