Chapter: 1

(Boo's P.O.V)

A bird called early in the morning. It looked around a little bit, then called again. It flapped out of the tree it sat in and landed on the ground. Yet again it gifted everyone with it's music. Then a long, giant snake like tongue begain to slither toward it. The bird, who didn't see it, kept singing. Eventually the large tongue wrapped around it and dragged it toward the owner of the tongue, the bird still in it's grasp. When the tongue reached it's owner's mouth, which closed around it and the bird, it unravelled the bird. The owner, a giant of a man(seriously) smiled, chewed a bit, then swallowed the bird. But he still wasn't happy. Birds, and whatever else he found, weren't enough. He loved the occasional human, but they don't come around much like they used to. Maybe they finally learned. The giant man stood up and looked over the trees. His red and black gaze raked the land, until he saw what he wanted. There was a very small town, but he would not complain about the size. He smiled, showing his blood stained, sharp teeth, then headed towards the town. If he started now he'd make it there sometime after dark, which was perfect. But first, he needed to eat.