Chapter: 9

(Dill's P.O.V)

Dill followed Jem and made sure Scout stayed next to him. Jem didn't seem to care that they were falling behind. "Jem! Jem!" Dill shouted. He looked up and gasped as Jem jumped out of the way of Boo's hand. "Jem!" He shouted. He looked up to see the other hand coming for him and Scout. He quickly dragged her into a house.

     They ran into the kitchen of the house. "What happened to Jem?" Scout asked as they say down by a counter.

     "I don't know. He did dodge that first hand though. I think he's alright." Dill said.

    "Dill, are you scared?" Scout asked.

    "Very. Are you?"

     "Yeah." Their conversation was cut short when the roof was ripped off the house. Boo looked down at them. They all had an uncomfortable moment of making eye contact. Then he started to reach down at him. His mutiple tongues were still bringing the citizens of Maycomb to his mouth. Dill thought he saw Scout's teacher.

    "Scout. Scout. Run!" Dill said shoving her to the door. Soon they were out the door the ran into someone.

    "Watch where you're going!" Jem shouted.

    "Sorry." Dill said.

    "Come on. We don't have any time to loose!" Jem said and led them again towards the train station.