Chapter: 2

(Scout's P.O.V)

Scout sat on her tire swing that same morning. She watched as a bunch of bird's flew across Maycomb County. Dill should be coming sometime later in the day, and Scout couldn't wait. Jem was still being distant, and blaiming it on the whole 'getting older' thing. He never played with Scout anymore and Dill was about the only friend she had. Jem seemed to get more physical over the years too. She wouldn't be surprised if she died and he didn't care.
Scout met up with Dill a little ways down the road. He seemed excited about something. "Scout! Scout! You will never believe what I saw!" Dill shouted when they first met up.
"What?" Scout asked. By the way he sounded it must be important.
"I saw this weird tongue on my way here!"
"Uh huh."
"Really! It was like snatching birds out of the sky! I saw it on the train!"
"Dill, calm down. Miss. Stephanie Crawford might hear you."
"Oh yeah. Right. Hey, is it fine with Atticus if I stay the night with you guys. Aunt Rachel's busy all day."
"I'm sure Atticus wouldn't mind."
"Thanks Scout. So what's goin' on in Maycomb?"
"Well, Jem doesn't like to play anymore. I asked him why and he slapped me in the face. Mr. Nathan Radley seems sick. We've got a new family friend: a colored man named Tom Robinson. But Bob Ewell seems real mad about it." Scout informed.
"Woah. A lot has changed since I was here last."
"Yeah. Come on. We can go ask Atticus if you can stay."
Atticus nodded. "Of course Dill can stay." He permitted.
"Thanks, Atticus." Scout said.
"Thank you, sir." Dill managed to get out before Scout grabbed him the the wrist and went back outside. "Do you think since I'm here, Jem would wanna come play?" Dill asked.
"I don't know. I'll go check." Scout said before running back inside.