Chapter: 23

(Jem's P.O.V)

"Jem! Jem!" A female voice shouted. Somebody was shaking him, as if to wake him up. He finally opened his eyes to see Scout.

    "Scout? Scout!? I..I thought you got eaten?" Jem asked suddenly.

     "Huh?" Scout said, tilting her head to the side slightly.

    "Boo...ate you." Jem explained.

    "No. But Boo's here!" She shouted joyfully. Jem looked around. He was in his room. Am I dead? He thought. "Atticus wants you to come downstairs and meet him. Dill came too!" She added.

    "Atticus? Dill? They're...alive?" Jem asked.

     "Yeah, come on." Scout said and left the room. Jem got up, got dressed, then followed her downstairs.

      He was expecting the horrid Boo from his dream. But he looked normal: with his feathery white hair, his nearly gray eyes, and extremely pale skin. He was wearing a blue plaid shirt and khakis the color of sand. He smiled nervously at Jem, and his teeth looked normal too. He was also the normal size of a human, a little shorter than Atticus in fact. He seemed absolutely normal. "Jem, this is Mr Arthur. I guess he decided to check on you after last night." Atticus intruduced Boo. Jem didn't know of Boo meant the Halloween event or the nightmare, this thought unsettled him.

     "I wish I didn't have to wear this stupid cast." Jem complained as Atticus walked into the living room, followed by everyone else. Leaving only Jem and Boo in the room.

    "Careful what you wish for." Boo whispered to him with a normal smile. Then he winked and followed the others. Leaving Jem both dazed and afraid.