Chapter: 8

(Scout's P.O.V)

Atticus led them into the kitchen. "Atticus! Atticus! Where's Cal?!" Scout asked.

    "I don't know Scout. But I need you guys to get out of here." Atticus said.

    "What's goin' on?!"

    "Boo." Atticus answered. Scout gasped. She heard many stories about Boo Radley. But she never thought he was real. "I need you guys to go. I'll look for Cal. We'll meet at Dill's house. Don't worry Dill. I'll look for your aunt. Dill can take you to Mississippi. Or at least the train station. I love you two."

Atticus gave Scout and Jem a kiss on the head. Scout was afraid. What if she never saw Atticus or Calpurina again? "I'll look for Tom too. Quick out the front door, go!" Atticus gently led them to the door.

      Soon Scout, Dill, and Jem were standing outside alone. "Look!" Scout shouted. She pointed to a giant with red and black eyes. He kinda looked human. If It wasn't for the eyes, the sharp teeth, and the ant-eater like tongues that slithered arcross the town. His hair was a light blonde, almost white and he was extreamly pale. Scout froze where she was. He was wearing kakhis and a white plaid shirt. Both were torn and had various red stains on them. Mr. Avery was running, well was doing his version of a run, up to them. "See what you darn children have done! This is all yer falt!" He shouted at them. Scout jumped and looked at him. Then turned whiter as one of the tongues began to wrap around him. He looked at it and swallowed hard. Then he was pulled away while he was screaming. Scout watched as the tongue holding Mr. Avery went back into Boo's mouth.

    "He just ate Mr. Avery!" Scout shouted.

     "Yeah. And we're gonna be next if we don't start running!" Jem shouted back.

    "He's in the way of the train station! We'll have to go past him!" Dill informed.

    "Then let's go!" Jem said. Then ran towards Boo.