Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Cheyanne's studio was huge. It literally was like a tiny salon combined with a bedroom. I stared in awe as she picked up all the dye cartridges and carried them to the small table, with a mirror attached. Almost like the dressing room type.

Chey started talking to herself as I watched her move back and forth.

"Alright, I'll save you guys for later".

"I'm cutting his hair first".

"Shit- I need the scissors. Where are they"?

I sighed at her frustration. "Do you need help finding anything"? I asked, waiting for her to respond.

"No, I've got the scissors now". She pulled them out from a drawer near the mannequin heads with wigs on them and showed to me confirm.

"Alright". She stated with a determined tone. "Sit down in the chair next to you, and turn facing the mirror. How shall I tackle this mess of yours"? She asked herself while looking at the back of my head, nibbling on her cheek slightly.

"Could I get a side fringe cut"? I asked politely, taking Chey by surprise.

"You're rather specific". She said, while striding back to her drawer. "I'm going to need clippers for this cut. How long do you want the top to be"? She grazed a finger to my forehead.

I thought for a moment. I didn't want something too short, but nothing too long.

"How about down to my eyebrows". I said, while Chey brought her finger down to my eyebrow.

"Yeah. That'll work". She said, while getting her silver scissors ready. "Time to whack these vines on your head".

I cringed at that. I didn't like seeing my hair get cut, but, it's long overdue.

I listened as the scissors made contact with the locks of hair. I didn't bother looking up, as she was concentrated on keeping the length consistent. Any instant moves would more or less agitate her. Chey was definitely passionate from what I could tell.

I watched as more locks fell to the tile floor in front, beside, and behind the chair. It was hard telling how much she'd cut by now.

"Turn your head to the right slightly, hun". She quietly said. I did as asked and she continued snipping.

Chey eventually asked me to turn to the left. I finally managed to glance up at the mirror in front of me. I was in complete shock, when I could see that she had already cut the sides down so the clippers could be used.

All that was left was the bangs. Chey turned my chair so I had to face her directly. She cut the bangs to eyebrow level at a tiny angle.

Chey set the scissors aside and switched the clippers on. "Jerick's gonna love this, Xander". Chey muttered while the clippers made contact with the back of my neck.

"I hope he does. I didn't want anything too long or too short". I said while the moving parts of the device started to warm up slightly.

"Oh hunny, he's going to love it". She said louder and more affirmatively this time.

"How do you know"? I raised an eyebrow while she shifted sides.