Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

It still never ceases to amaze me that my boyfriend of a little over a month or so, was pregnant with our unborn child. I just can't get over it, as neither could Jerick. He seemed content with the outcome, though.

Me getting him pregnant was completely untimely, but there was always a part of me that wanted children. I awoke to Jerick moving in front of me. I wasn't in his arms, but he was in mine. It's like the roles were reversed for us. My boyfriend was sleeping still, so I rested my head on his warm body. Him being pregnant and all, really made his body heat spike.

It still felt amazing, as I could never get over the feeling of continued body heat. "I love you", I whispered delicately into his ears. I planted a small kiss on the back of his neck, and looked up at the ceiling. I didn't realize how long we slept until I noticed it was pitch black outside.

Oh shit... it's the full moon tonight. That's why the pack was gone, except for Jerick. "Jerick", I shook him slightly. He turned his head to me curiously, while his eyes were still closed. "Babe! It's the full moon! Shouldn't you be out with the pack?"

Jerick shook his head at me, rendering me confused as hell. "No"... he muffled, still looking at me with half lidded eyes. "Once a male werewolf gets pregnant— they don't turn on the full moon... the body needs all the energy it can get in order to grow a child within it. Hence why I need all the rest I can get, even lots of food. The cravings should be hitting in a couple months".

"Oh", I mouthed. "Sorry for— waking you up then. You can head back to sleep now, I'm not leaving you at all during this pregnancy". Jerick shot me a weak, tired grin, and closed his eyes and turned back over to the opposing side.

I loved this man with all my heart and soul. I'm going to protect him with everything I have in order to ensure our baby can survive and grow up in a protected and safe environment. I nuzzled my man's neck and inhaled the fresh scent of him.

It was a different scent. It was still pleasant, but much sweeter. I rubbed his belly, and kept my hand in the same position. I couldn't get enough of this. This was all that I needed in life.

To think, I was going to marry this man one day. I knew I was going to, some day. I kind of hoped to have had a kid after we were married, but eh. This was the best feeling in the world to me, besides sex, but I won't go deeper into that.

I'd just noticed the amount that Jerick was sweating. I actually felt bad for him. He has to give up his regular lifestyle in order to have our child. I wondered if Chey or Tina walked in on us to see the both of us snuggling together. If so, it wouldn't be surprising if they freaked out and took pictures or something.

I wished that this was a fast pregnancy. I don't mind looking after my future husband during all of this. I'd cook for him, even though I already do. I'll clean for him, I'll help him do things when he can't himself.

I've always... somehow been prepared for this moment all of my life. My phone buzzed, interrupting my thoughts instantly. I pulled it out and opened the message.

1:00am: Contact: "Are you still up for tomorrow, Xander?"

1:02am: Me: "Yes... Sorry about canceling yesterday... we got some news..."

Cecelia's reply was rather instantly. She was always like that, though. She either replied instantly, or relied twelve hours later. There was never an in-between.