25 - Tempestuous Whirlpool

Emerson's POV

I have been living in a dream world since that incredible night. Arden has been staying in the hotel with me, despite Siobhan's best efforts for us to move in with her for the duration of our stay. I wasn't opposed but I think Arden prefers the privacy of the hotel. I guess it is nice not having to muffle the screams every time he makes me cum, which let's face it, is pretty much every time he touches me. Things have shifted between us, like an imaginary wall has been broken, bringing down any barriers we'd been allowing between us. Well, no more.

I feel like us sharing such an erotic, intimate experience has bound our souls together, each move we make thus forward is in sync. Two souls dancing in harmony. Each moment predestined in the stars; our futures forged in stone. I was one hundred percent in love with Arden Quinn, no longer afraid for I knew he'd be there to shelter me through any tempestuous whirlpools that may try to drag me down.

Today was a great day, we were spending the morning together, with Conor, whom I adored completely and then this afternoon my dearest Sam and Abigail were flying in to spend the weekend with us! I could not be happier, to have all the people I love in one place. Naturally we have made plans, a good old-fashioned Irish shin dig should suffice.... yup we are hitting the bar. I need to get out and dance, this has been the longest time in what seems like for ever that I haven't been dancing every day.

"You alright there, lass?" Conor's raspy voice pulls me back from my sobering thoughts.

"Yes, of course Conor, I'm sorry I zoned out there for a moment." I smiled sweetly at him, happy I'd had this opportunity to bond with him, Arden out in the family room making a few business calls.

He let out a soft chuckle before his expression formed a more serious note, "Lass, it's okay to feel sad you know. I know you miss it, we all know. Your beautiful eyes Arden adores so much give it away"

"I....well, yes of course I miss it. Dance was my everything........" I stare off again, unsure what more I could say before I knew it'd break me.

"You know, I used to dance once" he stated nonchalantly.

"Really?" I squeaked, "you did?"

Chuckling again and shaking his head, "No lass, I didn't, but did you feel how excited you were just then. Dance will always be in you; the passion doesn't just disappear because of a lost opportunity. You pick yourself up, dust yourself off and make a new one happen!"

The tears begin silently rolling down my cheeks, finally letting the emotions I'd been bottling up wash over me, Conor's words as wise as ever reminding me not to give up hope of achieving my dreams, I need to see this as an amber light instead of a stop sign. A detour instead of a closed road.

"Oh lass, I didn't mean to make you cry, come over here dear" His gentle voice is calming, and I find myself wrapped in the arms of the gentlest soul I've known. It's no wonder Arden is the man he is, when his parents are the pure definition of wonderful.

"Thank you, Conor" I whisper, my tears drying to a sense of calm.

"No need to thank me lass, your family now. I see it in my boys' eyes, he won't be letting you go" his smile reaches his eyes, honestly in every word he speaks.

"What's going in here?" that beautiful voice I have come to love sounds amused yet curious.

Arden's POV

The sight in front of me was fucking beautiful. My sweet Emerson, tucked in the arms of my Papa, a man I look up too, the man who melded me into who I am today, providing comfort and advice to the woman I love.