10 - Distant Shores

Authors Note - As always, sexual content is included R18+ audience is recommended.

"OK guys, Arden just text to say they've left the airport, so they'll be here soon" Malachi booms out across the room. I'm sitting anxiously at the bar, trying to pace myself on the whiskeys getting placed before me. The last thing I need to be rotten drunk before I meet Ashling, but I'm so worried she won't like me it's insane.

Arden, the sweetheart he is, decided to throw her a welcoming party at Clover, so I would feel more comfortable having our friends around when she arrives. It's silly really, to be afraid of meeting a 21 year old, but I know how important Arden's family is to him, and I can't stand the thought of him feeling differently towards me if she's not a fan.

"Relax babe, she'll love you" Sam's reassuring voice calms me slightly, but I can't help wishing Arden was sitting here with me instead.

"Thanks Sam" I give him a quick peck on the cheek, then glance over to the main entrance as the doors swing open at an alarming rate.

"Where is she?" a bubbly, beautiful, feminine Irish voice sung out in a rather high pitch "where's my new sister?! I must meet her!" she exclaims.

Sister?! A familiar rumble started chuckling from behind her, and that's when I see him, his soulful blue eyes staring right into me, with a smile that could thaw one thousand Canadian winters, which he reserves only for me. The young lady with him, which I can now assume is Ashling, looks from Arden to me, then back again before she claps her hands, squeals in delight then comes bounding up to me at a great speed, arms held wide for a hug.

"Oh my god, I can't believe I finally get to meet you" she says, still clutching me in what I can only describe is a remarkably strong hug for such a tiny frame! "I'm Ashling and I can tell already that we are going to be besties"

I can't help but laugh, releasing all my nervous anxiety at once. She's adorable and her energy is infectious.

"Hi Ashling, it's so great to meet you too" I respond, after finally being released from her bear hug. Arden's wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me in closer to him, placing a kiss below my ear, right where its most sensitive, goose bumps forming across my skin.

"You two are goals man, just look at you!" she cries out again, Arden and I both laughing.

"That's enough Ash" Arden scolds, though you can see it's fallen on deaf ears as she hugs Malachi and a couple of the others around that she clearly already knows.

"Hi, love" he whispers in my ear, lips grazing my lobes briefly as he speaks.

Turning and wrapping my arms around his neck I pull him into a quick kiss, then lean back and smile "Hey you"

"You seem extra happy this evening love" his hands lightly resting on my bum, fingers gently massaging my firm cheeks sending a tingle through me.

"I'm relieved! She's wonderful Arden, I am so glad I get to meet her and spend time with her"

"I told you she would like you, my love. You stress too much"

"Maybe you're right, I just want her to like me. Now come on, let's go introduce her to my crowd" I smile, grabbing his hand and making our way back into the large happy crowd.

Naturally, she loved Sam and Abigail. Maybe it was because we're all young at heart, or maybe it's that we still know how to party, whatever the case it was great to see Ashling having a great time and mingling with my friends. She wasn't the only one mind you, I couldn't help but observe the way Malachi was hanging on every word Abigail spoke, his eyes following her every move. I'm actually OK with that. Since meeting Arden, really meeting him that is, I've seen a lot of Malachi and he really seems like a great guy. He works pretty closely with Arden, and they have been long time childhood friends, a pretty great one from what I see so if something were to happen between him and my best gal Abi, I'd totally ship it.