A Pentatonix Set List

(Tim)

"OK!" Kirstie said brightly.  "We have Sing, Royals, Happy, Starships, and Misbehavin' for a total of five great, upbeat, and uptempo songs.  Loving this set list here.  What else can we put on it?"

    "Can I make a suggestion?" Avi asked, almost shyly.

    "Absolutely!  Go for it!" she encouraged with a grin, making my heart smile.  All five of them were now clicking happily, respectfully, encouragingly, and in accord.  The way it should be.

    "Avriel Kaplan, you never have to ask permission to make a suggestion," Kevin told him with a wink, making him smile.

    "I was thinking Let's Get It On," he started.  "I know it's a cover, but it's good, upbeat, sexy, fun, and makes me feel good."

    "All perfect reasons to do it," Scott told him with a nod.

    "Let's get it on with Let's Get It On," Mitch quipped, making them all giggle.

    Kirstie wrote it down, back to being scribe.  "Six songs!"

    "On My Way Home?" Scott suggested, making me snap to attention because my mind was off in its own world.

    "What?" I asked, nearly spitting out my drink.  "What?"

    Five Pentatonix heads spun towards me.  Actually, four Home Free heads spun toward me as well.

    "What what?" Mitch asked after a pause.

    Scott scratched at his face, seemingly for the four hundredth time since we'd gotten back.  His face was starting to turn pink.  "I like the song and thought we could maybe sing it?"

    "Well... OK?"  The hell?  I was three shades of confused.  On My Way Home?  That was my song.  They wanted to do my song?  Or was there an entirely different song out there in their repertoire that I was unaware of?  "Do you, ah, have everything you need for it?"

    "Uh... yeah," Kirstie drawled, squinting curiously at me.

    "Course we do.  Why wouldn't we?" Kevin asked me.

    Adam peered at me.  "Tim?  What's the issue?"

    "I—err, I..."  I pulled my phone up trying to find the song in question.  "On My Way Home?"

    "Yes," Scott said testily.  "Permission to sing our own song?"

    "Well, of course you can sing your own song," I muttered, flipping frantically through their Soundcloud.  "I didn't realize it.  Here, I'll show you why I got confused."

    "I'm confused why you're confused," Rob informed me.

    "OK, I'll show you too."  I flicked backwards and into my own files, then into my own folder, pulling up my own song called On My Way Home.  "Seriously.  I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass."  I showed Scott first since he seemed to be the most pissed.

    Frowning, he took it from me.  "Heh!"  He'd half laughed, half snorted.

    Mitch was peering over his shoulder, reacting along with Scott.  "Who's Hunter and Caroline?"

    I shrugged, Kirstie, Kevin, and Avi now peering at it.  "No one in particular.  Just names I liked and thought would go well in the song."

    "Wha?  Hunter and Caroline?"  Austin looked bewildered and a bit sad at the same time.

    "Oh!"  A lightbulb seemed to go off in Adam's brain, starting to go through his own phone.  "Tim, was it one of your songs?"

    "It's very different, really," Avi mused, starting to hum my version.