Chapter Ten

I arrived home feeling a bit worse for wear and wondering if I should have paid more attention to Miss Steele and the nurse's advice. Barley was happy to see me, he began hopping around and probably hoping he'd get to go for a walk.

"Here you go boy." I said pulling the back door open. "It's the best I can do." I almost apologised, but I didn't need to, he tore out the back door more than happy to play in the backyard and I could rest assured it was all enclosed so he wouldn't be going anywhere.

I dragged myself back to the lounge and dropped down onto the sofa, pulling the throw over myself and allowing sleep to take me under.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Frankie." My name was called, my body felt heavy and my eyes remained shut. "Frankie." The sensation of being shook made my stomach lurch. "Frankie." I was pulled into an upright position, I willed my body to cooperate, trying to push away the nausea and open my eyes. "C'mon that's it." The voice encouraged as my eyelids began to flicker open. Seth sat on the edge of the sofa, he breathed a sigh of relief and smiled. "Thank God."

"What time is it?" I asked shifting in my seat and rubbing eyes.

"It's 4:30." He said his eyes filled with concern.

"Wow, that was some nap." He handed me a glass of water and my stomach lurched again, I attempted to breathe through it.

"Nap. I think you passed out. I was ringing the doorbell, pounding on the door, I heard Barley out back so came through the backdoor." He said a little frantically.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't hear anything."

"Evidently." He deadpanned. "Issac told me what happened in gym. Are you okay?" He asked a little softer.

"Yeah, just a bit sore." I said kicking off the throw.

"I think you might have a concussion, we should go to the ER." He said seriously. I shook my sore head in response. "Please Frankie." He pleaded. The thought of wasting my evening in the hospital didn't fill me with glee.

"No Seth, I'm fine." I insisted. He stood up and groaned in frustration.

"You're so stubborn." He exasperated before kicking off his converse.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused.

"Making myself comfortable."

"Why?"

"You won't go to the hospital and I'm sure as hell not leaving you to fall unconscious again. I'm not having that on my conscience, so I'll be here until one of your parents get home." He landed heavily on the opposite end of the sofa. He looked at me with a cocky grin spread across his lips.

"You're annoying." I stated, which just made him grin more.

"What do you want to watch?" He asked grabbing the TV remote.

"Whatever, you pick." I said standing up and heading to the bathroom.

I detoured to the kitchen on the way back and grabbed a few drinks and snacks, upon my arrival back into the lounge I dropped the goodies onto the seat between us.

"Help yourself." I said sarcastically as he grabbed a bag of skittles without a word. He hit play on the remote and the Marvel title sequence begun.

"So what time will your parents get home?" He asked in between mouthfuls of skittles.

"What's the meaning of life?"

"What?" He asked bemused.

"Oh sorry I thought we were asking each other impossible questions." He nodded signalling he understood my sarcastic response.