Chapter 2: Another World

Ever since Urbosa came into Zelda's life, they have become inseparable

Ever since Urbosa came into Zelda's life, they have become inseparable. Urbosa ended up living in her own dorm near the castle where other merpeople lived.

The two young friends were swimming together, smiling among each other. In a short amount of time, it felt like they have known each other their whole lives.

In this short period of time, Zelda hasn't mentioned about the loss of her mother to Urbosa once. She wanted to help Urbosa regain her memories, but to no avail.

Zelda rubbed her arm. "Have you... Remember anything? Even a little?"

Urbosa shook her head. "I have not. Though... I've been feeling this pain in my chest for so long. I'm not sure why I feel like this."

"Maybe something happened when... When..." Zelda didn't even want to say it out loud. When you lost someone dear to you is what she wanted to say.

Tears wielded up in Zelda's eyes, having Urbosa look at her in concern. "Hey... What's wrong?"

Zelda smiled while shaking her head. "It's nothing."

"Zelda." Urbosa gave her the look like she didn't believe her. "Please tell me the truth. What's bothering you?"

Lowering her eyes, Zelda let out a sad sigh. "That night when I found you... I lost my mother at the same time. I miss her very much..."

Raising her eyebrows in surprise, Urbosa put her hand over her mouth. "I had no idea. I'm so sorry..."

"You don't need to apologize, Urbosa."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

Zelda gulped, unable to look her friend in the eye at the moment. "Because... I wanted to help you with your problem. I did not wish to burden you with my pain when you have your own."

Closing her eyes, Urbosa placed her hand on Zelda's shoulder, which made Zelda look at her. "Zelda, we're friends. What you're going through isn't going to affect me. I want to help you just like you're helping me. It isn't good if you close yourself off like this."

Zelda wrapped her arms close to her chest, her shoulders rising to her ears. "I'm... Sorry. I just... I just don't know what to do ever since I lost my mother..."

Empathizing with Zelda's pain, Urbosa gave her a reassuring hug. "It's going to be ok. Your mother... I bet she's watching over you. You have fond memories of her unlike me. I don't even remember my mother."