Chapter 10: Shine, Dream, Smile

Zelda woke up from a deep slumber, feeling the soft and silky sheets underneath her

Zelda woke up from a deep slumber, feeling the soft and silky sheets underneath her. Slowly opening her eyes, she continued feeling the bed more, confused on where she was at first.

Sitting up from the bed, Zelda looked around the room with her eyes. Turning into a Hylian wasn't a dream. She still had her Hylian legs, which brightened her smile first thing in the morning.

Midna opened her eyes, letting out a yawn. "Good morning, your highness." Stretching in place, she started floating above the bed. She had to form some kind of plan to have Prince Link kiss her in six days. That was plenty of time, right? "So... Are you going to try to pull the moves on him today?"

Zelda nodded but looked unsure of what to do to woo him.

Midna let out a sigh. "I almost forgot that you can't talk. This will be tougher than I thought. The only thing you can do is use your body language. But sometimes it can be hard to interpret, considering he didn't get what you were trying to say the first time."

Letting out of a huff, Zelda was trying to make the wheels turn in her head. What can she do without using words? How can Prince Link fall in love with someone who can't talk?

There was a knock on the door, having Midna hide in Zelda's shadow. The door opened, revealing to be Telma. "Rise and shine, honey. Breakfast is about to be served." Seeing Zelda's bedhead, she shook her head with a smile. "Why don't I help you get ready for the day?"

Telma got Zelda out of bed, taking her to the vanity nearby. She grabbed a hairbrush on the variety table, gently stroking Zelda's long, beautiful hair.

It made Zelda remember the times when her own mother used to brush her hair when she was young. Her eyes lowered to floor, her heart turning to blue. Even now, she missed her mother dearly. She wished her mother could see her now.

Noticing Zelda's gloom expression, Telma looked at her with worry. "What's wrong, sweetie? Am I hurting you?"

Zelda shook her head in response.

"That's good. Just let me know if I am. You have beautiful hair by the way. You gotta tell me what you use one of these days. Well... When your voice comes back."

Zelda gave her a smile and nodded. In a way, Telma almost felt like a mother to her after knowing her for a day. Maybe Zelda was thinking about it too hard, but it felt as though Telma was treating her as if she was her own daughter.

~•~

In the dining room, Link was looking out the window, still wondering who that mysterious maiden who sang that beautiful tune. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get that melody out of his head.