Chapter 11: Heartbeat

The next morning, Zelda was walking Twilight by herself

The next morning, Zelda was walking Twilight by herself. Link had to go to an important royal meeting what he liked to call it, but promised that he would meet up with her after it's done.

Twilight pranced along while panting happily. He stopped in place, sniffing the air curiously. He started barking all of a sudden, Zelda raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"Zelda! Over here!" Turning towards the familiar voice, she saw that it was Urbosa who was peeking from behind a giant rock in the ocean.

Happy to see her friend, Zelda started running towards Urbosa while pulling Twilight along. It's only been a day, but it felt like it's been forever since they had last seen each other.

Urbosa looked at Zelda from head to toe, nodding in approval. "Those Hylian clothes really suit you."

Zelda mouthed the words thank you.

"So... Have you made any progress? What's been happening?"

Zelda wished she could rant about all that happened between her and Link last night at the festival. But since she couldn't talk... She didn't know how to express herself.

"I'll talk for you, your highness." Midna came out from Zelda's shadow, stretching in place. Twilight happily barked at the sight of Midna, earning a look of annoyance. "Shut up, you damn dog."

Urbosa laughed under her breath. "I see you made a friend."

"Friend, my butt. He's such a nuisance."

   "So... Tell me what all happened. I want to know."

   "Alright, well... Zelda here got all chummy with the prince yesterday. Holding his hand on a stroll, riding the big Ferris wheel with him. They even watched those lights in the sky together."

   "You mean fireworks?"

   "Yeah, that. But anyway... The prince was so close to her while they were watching the fireworks together. That would've been the perfect moment to kiss."

   Urbosa turned towards Zelda. "Did you think you did well with boosting Link's affections?"

   Zelda shrugged, looking down in embarrassment. In all honesty, she was too indulged by the fireworks and Ferris wheel. Plus, she was too shy. She needed for Link to kiss her, wishing that she could just kiss him instead. But that was part of the challenge.

   "By the sound of it." Urbosa continued. "It sounds like you're doing good so far. If you keep this up, I'm sure he'll kiss you even before the seventh day."