Chapter 9: Rough First Day

Zelda slowly opened her eyes, feeling the unbearable pounding in her head

Zelda slowly opened her eyes, feeling the unbearable pounding in her head. Her entire body felt numb to the point where she couldn't even feel a thing. She couldn't even feel her legs.

Legs...

Looking downwards, Zelda saw that she no longer had a mermaid's tail, but legs! Actual Hylian legs! Carefully lifting one leg in the air, she moved her toes, fascinated to see that it was her own toes that were moving.

Her own pair of legs. Zelda thought she would never see the day.

Midna stared in horror, not believing that the mermaid princess had turned into a Hylian. "What are we going to do?!"

Urbosa patted her back. "Just calm down."

"Well, look at what the catfish dragged in." Revali flew downwards, landing feet first in the water near Zelda. He looked at her from head to toe, putting his wing to his beak. "I could've sworn you had a tail. How did you..? You know..?"

Urbosa let out a sigh. "Revali... She traded her voice to the sea witch to get Hylian legs."

"She what?!"

"She wants to get close to the Hylian she fell in love with. She only has seven days for this guy to kiss her so she can remain Hylian."

"And what if she doesn't kiss him?"

Urbosa lowered her eyes. "Then... She gets imprisoned by the sea witch forever..."

"Just look at her!" Midna exclaimed. Zelda was trying her best to stand on her new legs. Her stance was very wobbly as she couldn't keep her balance for that long, stumbling back into the water. "I'm sorry, but... I'm going to inform your father about this, your highness!" As soon as Midna was about to dive in the water, Zelda grabbed her by the arm, shaking her head vigorously. "I need to tell the king about this. So he can reverse this. That way you can go back to your old life and just be..." As she was talking, Midna noticed Zelda's expression was turning gloomy. Almost to the point of crying. Letting out a sigh, Midna decided to give in. "Alright... I'll help you find that Hylian."

For the first time, Zelda hugged Midna in gratitude. Stunned by this, Midna slowly hugged her back, wondering how everything was going to turn out.

Urbosa smiled at the sight. "That's awfully sweet of you, Midna."

"Even if it's against my wishes, I need to keep watch of her highness to ensure her safety. Luckily... I can go along with her on land."

"How?" Urbosa asked while raising an eyebrow. "You have a tail fin. How are you supposed to go with her if you don't have a pair of legs yourself?"

Closing her eyes, Midna let out a sigh. "I can... Transform myself. Not only does it change my appearance, it changes my personality as well."

"You can?! How come you never told anyone about this?!"