Chapter 8: Acting on Impulse

The twin eels swam down towards the sobbing Zelda in sync

The twin eels swam down towards the sobbing Zelda in sync. The sound of her cries echoed throughout the grotto. Her dreams were shattered figuratively and literally. It felt like there was no way to ever see Link again.

"Poor child... Poor sweet child..."

"If only there was some way to help..."

Zelda lifted her head, wiping the tears from her cheek. "Who are you? And what are you doing here?"

"Where are our manners? I am Kotake."

"And I am Koume. We are representatives of someone who can help you with your... Problem."

Zelda cocked an eyebrow in confusion. "Who are you talking about?"

"The great sea witch... Cia..."

"She will be willing to help make your dreams come true..."

"Cia?" Zelda asked. "Why would she even help me? After all she tried to- No! I don't need her help! Just go away!"

Kotake rolled her eyes upwards. "Suit yourself, little princess."

The two eels started to swim away. "Besides... It was only a suggestion." Koume ended up swishing her tail on a broken part of a statue.

It ended up being Link's face which landed upwards where Zelda could see it just right next to her tail fin. Zelda was surprised that his face wasn't shattered like the rest of the statue was. It was still whole.

It sparked a bit of hope in Zelda's heart. She wanted to see Link so badly. If Cia was her only chance of doing so, it felt like there was no other choice. "Wait."

At the same time, Kotake and Koume turned their heads and asked in unison. "Yes..?"

Outside of the grotto, Urbosa was comforting a dejected Midna who felt guilty for what she had done. "I didn't mean for this to happen. Now the princess will hate me for as long as I live and it's all my fault..."

Urbosa patted Midna's back. "If you want, I could talk to Zelda for you, and see if she'll forgive you."

"She won't forgive me even if you tried to help. She has hated me ever since I became the king's advisor. It's been 10 years, and it only gotten worse..."

Urbosa let out a sigh. "It's not like she hates you. She told me that her father's last advisor did some pretty... Skeptical things. I see faults on both sides. Zelda just doesn't give you a chance to show her that she can trust you. And you... You doubt yourself so much."