Chapter 13: Silent Princess

The next morning, Zelda rose up from the bed while stretching in place

   The next morning, Zelda rose up from the bed while stretching in place. Today was her fourth day of being Hylian. Her time with the prince was already halfway over.

   Zelda knew that Link himself had to kiss her to remain Hylian permanently. But he had to fall in love with her in order for it to work. How could she make Link fall in love with her in three days?

   Midna, who was asleep by her side the entire time, yawned while opening her eyes. "I wish we had these back at Hyrule. It's so comfortable." Slowly getting up, Midna floated above the bed. "Good morning, your highness."

   Zelda nodded as her way of saying good morning. It felt strange yet refreshing to talk to Midna like this. She felt a slight tinge in her heart, wishing that she wasn't such a brat towards Midna all these years.

   Getting to know how Midna was so reliable and loyal to her even when Zelda treated her so coldly, it felt as though a new door had opened. She had a feeling it would take more than an apology to have Midna forgive her for her last behavior. Wanting to give it a try, Zelda faced Midna, mouthing the words, I'm sorry.

   Midna raised an eyebrow. "For what?" Zelda was trying her best to do hand gestures for Midna to follow. "For being... so distant towards you... since I was... young. Is that what you're trying to say?"

Relieved that Midna understood on the first try, Zelda eagerly nodded.

   Rolling her eyes playfully, Midna gave her a warm smile. "It's fine, your highness. I don't hold anything against you. I understand that you were only afraid to open up to me, because of what has happened with a certain someone in the past. It makes me happy to see that you're finally opening up to me." Not expecting it, Zelda pulled Midna in for a hug. Surprised at her gesture, Midna hugged the princess back.

   Their heartwarming moment got interrupted shortly as they heard a knock on the door. Midna quickly went into Zelda's shadow at the same time the door was opening.

   It was Telma and her adopted daughter, Mipha. "Rise and shine, honey! Today is a very special day!"

   Zelda raised an eyebrow. What could possibly be happening today?

   Seeing her confusion, Mipha stepped forward. "The king of Calatia is coming back from his trip today. He will be arriving shortly. My mother and I will help you get ready for the day to look presentable for the king."

   Zelda still looked confused. Telma had the look where she understood why Zelda was wearing that expression. "We're going to get you ready, because... You just might be a suitor for Prince Link! We just need his father's approval. I feel like the king will approve! You look like a princess that came straight out of a fairy tale!"

   More like she came straight out of the ocean. Zelda smiled sweetly, getting out of the bed to let Telma and Mipha help her get ready for the day.