Chapter 19: Illuminating Melody

Cia was dragging Zelda along with her back to her hideout

Cia was dragging Zelda along with her back to her hideout. Her grip was tight around Zelda's arm to the point where it was beginning to feel numb. Zelda was still attempting to free herself, but to no avail.

Cia chuckled under her breath. "It's no use, little princess. Your time is up. And now it's time for you to pay the piper."

Zelda was trying to pull her arm out of Cia's tight grip. "No! Let me go right now!"

"No can do-"

"Cia, stop right there!" The sharp points of King Rhoam's trident was underneath her neck. His ice cold glare was staring straight into Cia's eyes, but it didn't faze her.

Seeing that Midna was the one who brought the king here, Cia touched the tip of the trident and lowered it. "King Rhoam... Long time, no see. How have you been these days?"

"Do not engage in small talk with me! Let my daughter go!"

Cia smirked. "Not a chance. You see..." She snapped her fingers, summoning the contract that Zelda had sign to trade her voice for Hylian legs. At the same time, the eels Kotake and Koume swam over, wrapping their tails around Zelda's arms, almost like her arms were tied up in chains. Cia was swimming over towards the king with the contract.

Zelda was trying her best to escape, but the eels' grip was too strong. "Release me!"

Kotake made some clicking noises with her tongue. "You know we can't do that."

"Besides... We only take orders from Lady Cia." Koume's mouth turned into a wicked smile.

Cia handed King Rhoam the contract. Reading everything from top to bottom, he saw that Zelda had indeed signed her name. It was her own handwriting. How he wishes it was forged, closing his eyes in defeat.

"So, you see..." Cia said. "Your foolish daughter signed her voice away so she could be with a Hylian prince. But alas, her time is up and now she rightfully belongs to me."

"I'm sorry, father!" Zelda screamed. "I didn't mean to! I wasn't thinking clearly! I was naive!" Tears started forming in her eyes. "Like the child that I am..."

Unable to accept this, King Rhoam shot a powerful beam towards the contract, hoping it would break it. But it didn't even make a mark. It floated there in perfect shape. No rips, no dents. Nothing.

Cia chuckled under her breath. "The contract is legal, your majesty. Therefore, not even you can break it with your authority."

Midna felt like she was about to breakdown, but held it together. "What are we going to do, your majesty..?" The king closed his eyes, feeling lost and defeated that he couldn't protect Zelda.

"If there isn't anything else you would like to say, I will turn your daughter into an unfortunate soul for the rest of eternity." Cia was swimming over towards Zelda who was shaking in fear.