8

Naomi was wide awake, refusing to fall asleep, all she did was stare up at the ceiling, her hands folded over her stomach, Shippo sleeping right next to her, different kinds of thoughts flowing through her mind, not being able to put her mind at ease. A low sigh emitted from her nose as she sat up, looking around at the others, seeing that they were sound asleep, Inuyasha leaning against a wall with his arms crossed over his chest, one leg stretched out while the other one was bent. Kagome was sleeping close to Inuyasha, Miroku was sleeping on one side, Sango was sleeping on the other side with Kirara on her chest. All of them sleeping comfortably.

The female fox demon got up from her spot on the mat, her footsteps silent as she stepped around the others, stepping outside, one of her ears twitching at the slightest sound. Inuyasha opened his eyes, seeing the flap of the entrance shut, Kirara's nead perking up, hopping from Sango's chest and trotting out, causing Inuyasha to stand on his feet, walking out, his eyes scanning the area for Naomi. He saw her, walking up a hill just outside the village, Kirara running up after her, but he didn't expect her to just stop when she reached the top of the hill, turning to the east where the sun would rise. Naomi looked up at the sky, a small smile forming on her lips when she saw that the sky had began to change.

Kirara looked up at Naomi, who had looked down at the small creature, sitting on her knees and letting her hop in her lap, smiling as she began to pur, causing Naomi to softly rub the top of her head. Strangely enough, Naomi actually liked that the sleeves of her kimono covered her hands, she didn't really know why, but it was her own sense of comfort, maybe so others wouldn't be afraid of her black claws. Kirara didn't seem to mind the attention she received from Naomi, a soft smile forming on her lips, looking up towards the east and seeing the sun beginning to rise. Her eyes closed when she began to feel the warmth on her skin, a slow sigh emitting from her nose.

She had almost forgotten what it felt like to feel the warmth of the sun on her skin, and she missed it. Her ears perked up, causing Naomi to scoot to the side, missing a rock that was thrown at her, the scent of Inuyasha filling her senses,

"It's rather rude to throw things at people, Inuyasha" Naomi commented

"What are you doing out here?" He asked, ignoring her comment

". . . It's been a long time since I felt the warmth of the sun on my skin" she said softly, her eyes still closed

". . How long?" He asked

Naomi's she's opened, watching the sun rise in the sky, a small sigh emitting from her nose as she lowered her head slightly,

"I don't know" she said softly

"There you guys are" Kagome said as she walked up to them "are you ready to go?"

"Have any of you guys seen Kirara?" Sango asked

Naomi stood on her feet, turning around with Kirara in her arms, who was still enjoying the fact that she was still giving her attention,

"She followed me" Naomi said "I hope you don't mind" gently setting the animal on her feet

Sango looked at her in surprise, smiling when Kirara rubbed her side along Naomi's kimono before trotting off to her owner, who picked her up and set her on her shoulder. Miroku was the next person to show, Shippo following him, along with Lady Kaede,

"I would like to speak with Naomi" Kaede said, looking at the female fox demon

Naomi have her a small nod, the others beginning to make their way down the hill, but waiting for her,

"I would like ye to have something, child" Kaede said "hold our yer left hand"

Doing as said, Naomi lifted her long sleeves away from her hand, holding it out to Kaede, who had decided to give her a special bracelet, one that was made from beautiful blue tigers eye beads, the bracelet fitting perfectly around her wrist,

"This will provide protection from demons powers and cursed objects" Kaede informed "much like the one that imprisoned ye within stone" causing Naomi to look at her "I know ye have had a hard life, and ye may have made promises intended to be kept" earning a small nod "I wish the best of luck"

". . Thank you, Lady Kaede" Naomi said softly

"Off with ye now" she said

Naomi gave her a small nod, letting her hand fall to her side, which caused her sleeve to fall and cover her hand, turning and walking toward the others, who had been watching the whole thing, wondering why Kaede would give something like that to the female fox demon, but they would most likely ask. When Naomi caught up to them, they all began to walk away from the village, starting their new journey of finding more of the Shikon jewel shards, and Naomi's journey to find that dagger. She picked up her hands, clasping them in front of her as she walked next to Sango, everyone walking in silence, which was surprising to Kagome because Inuyasha and Shippo were always arguing about something, and if it wasn't them, then it was Sango and Miroku. So Kagome assumed it was because of their new member of the team, she'd have to thank Naomi for that later.

It felt good to Naomi when the sun began to rise higher in the sky as they continued to walk, and it was surprising to her that she didn't feel as tired as she was expecting because of her time in stone. It was most likely because of Fenikkusu that hung around her waist, the blade providing the energy she needed in order for her to properly regain her strength, so for the time being, she would have to rely on her weapon. She just hoped the others wouldn't think of her as a weakling because of it, she didn't need those thoughts in her head, not with what she set out to do and she refused to believe that she was. Whenever Naomi trained with her mother, she would work on her technique until she got it right, she would train harder than anyone else and her mother was proud because of it.

Naomi promised her mother that she would avenge her death, she would kill the man she called brother. But how she knew he was alive, she didn't know. One could say that it was a gut feeling, something inside her knew that her brother was still alive, and she would not stop until he was dead. Naomi was determined of that. Something within Naomi began to stir, but she ignored it, thinking it was just nerves, but it was something else, walking alongside the others, who had their own reasons to be there, just like she did. Something within Naomi wanted to be set free, but it needed that perfect moment. The moment to prove to everyone just how strong and powerful she truly was, mentally and physically.

I'll be seeing you soon . . . little brother