20

After a day of traveling, Sesshomaru ordered Jaken to find a suitable place to sleep for the night, Rin and Naomi caught more fish to eat, A-Un had their muzzles removed and were happily eating the green grass. Naomi and Sesshomaru walked in silence, nothing else being said between them, but she didn't mind, learning very quickly that he wasn't the chatty type, unlike some people she knew. She wasn't going to mention names, but she could tell why Jaken annoyed Sesshomaru sometimes, especially when he tried to insult Naomi, which resulted in the dog demon smacking the imp on the head, creating a rather prominent bump. Rin would walk next to Naomi while Jaken held the reins of the two headed dragon, the child holding into the side of Naomi's kimono.

She's always had a soft spot for children

While Rin slept, Naomi couldn't help but feel restless in her position. Sesshomaru watched as she fidgeted in her spot, looking up at the sky, seeing the crescent moon shining brightly in the sky, feeling the crescent moon on her forehead tingle. Naomi cringed as a massive headache began to form, causing her to place her head on her knees and putting her hand over her ears, as if she was trying to block out the sounds around her.

Unbeknownst to her, dark clouds began to form, covering the brightness of the crescent moon, feeling her body beginning to shake, almost as if she were to start panicking at any second. Something didn't feel right, but she knew she needed to get away from the others, and that's what she did. Naomi shot to her feet and ran through the treeline, her breathing picking up as she felt the earth rumble beneath her feet, the clouds growing darker above her, giving the woods an eerie feeling, steering everyone away. She heard footsteps approaching behind her, but she wasn't far enough away, especially from Rin, Naomi didn't want to hurt her or put her in danger.

Thunder rolled in, at first it was a soft rumble, but the further Naomi ran, the louder it became. She didn't know what was happening to her as she collapsed on her knees, her hands covering her ears as she placed her forehead on the grass, a small whine emitting from her, a roll of thunder quickly following. The pain in her head grew more intense with every passing second, Sesshomaru stopping at the treeline as he watched Naomi, not knowing what was happening either. The female flinched as lightning struck just inches away from her, creating a burn mark in the grass, a feared whimper emitting from her lips, but every sound she made, thunder came quickly after. Rain began to fall as tears threatened to escape, a whine emitting from her as her pain intensified enough to make a human scream, but to her, it hurt too bad to even make a sound.

Lightning struck the top of a tree, causing a spark to ignite, fire catching on one of the many leaves, but soon spreading, another lightning strike hitting the base of the tree, causing it to fall close to Naomi with a loud crash. She shot up, scooting back as her breathing picked up, flinching when the same thing happened again, her gaze whipping around, not knowing what was happening or that she was the cause of this. Her breathing was heavy, panicked as she looked at the destruction, trees fallen around her, most of them on fire, igniting others, even with the pouring rain, but she didn't think it was possible. Naomi grasped her head as pain ripped through her like a blade, a scream emitting from her, thunder growing louder, Sesshomaru looking up, jumping out of the way as lightning was about to strike him.

With every scream she made, thunder clapped louder. The more tears that were threatening to shed, the more lightning came. The harder she breathed, the rougher the winds became. Her whimpers turned into rain, moreso as memories of her mother flashed through her mind, not being able to look away, no matter how hard she tried. It was clear that she didn't know what was going on, and it was even more clear that she was panicking because of what was happening. Sesshomaru landed on another tree, watching as the fire from the other trees moved, as if it were being controlled. The fire fell from the trees, creating a circle around Naomi, but it didn't move any farther than that, it was almost like it was protecting her from something. Naomi let out a loud scream, one that would have made Sesshomaru turn away, but he looked up to the sky as a loud clap of thunder covered her voice, not seeing anything like this.

Sesshomaru jumped from the tree, landing in the circle with Naomi, but it felt like something was trying to push him out of it. He kneeled down in front of her, reaching out and grasping Naomi's wrists, causing her eyes to snap to his, shaking her head as she tried to move away,

"No!" She sobbed "no! You have to leave!"

"I will not" Sesshomaru replied, keeping his hold on her wrists

"You could get hurt" she sobbed "I don't know what's going on . . . I'm scared. I don't know what's happening to me"

"Your aura is changing" he said "something within you has awakened as is currently manifesting. You need to calm down, or this storm will get worse"

"I don't know how" she sobbed, hyperventilating as she closed her eyes, lowering her head

Without thinking, Sesshomaru released Naomi's wrists, reached up and removed his Mokomoko (Lord Fluff-Fluff) from his shoulder, wrapping it around Naomi, causing her eyes to snap to his once more. Their eyes connected, his gold eyes piercing through her feel sapphire blue, she could feel the softness of the fur, even though it was wet from the rain, Sesshomaru keeping his hold on it as he looked at her with his intense gaze. While looking at her, he noticed her breathing beginning to calm down, it was still a bit heavy, but she wasn't hyperventilating enough to cause a panic attack. Sesshomaru crossed the Mokomoko over her frame, reaching out and gently cupping her cheek with one hand, she wasn't expecting this side of him, gentle almost, especially with what Rin tells her. He kept their gazes locked, Naomi hesitantly reaching up, sleeve of her kimono falling to her elbow and gently grasped his wrist as well.

He noticed the glint of her black claws, the same length as his own, possible chance of them being poisonous, but he didn't care, he had to get her to calm down enough to ease the storm. Naomi's breathing slowly calmed down, which caused the wind to do the same, the rain lessening, thunder quieting down and lightning vanishing, but neither of them moved. The only sound that was heard now was the crackling fire around them and the occasional sniffle that emitted from the fox demon.

Sesshomaru was more or less emotionless; only anger, annoyance, and dissatisfaction showing on his face. Whenever he would encounter an enemy he would kill them without hesitation, the simply walk away soon after, so the sight of him kneeling down in front of a scared half demon would surprise anyone. Both of them were vulnerable in that state, Naomi was the first to break eye contact, finding herself leaning into his touch, her eyes closing. Her body soon became exhausted, shoulders sagging and ears falling limp on top of her head, causing Sesshomaru to curl his arm around her shoulders to keep her steady, which resulted in her body growing closer to his, feeling her head resting on his shoulder. Sesshomaru looked around, seeing that the circle of fire had extinguished, leaving a black ring around them, everything calming down as well.

He released his Mokomoko, curling that arm under the crook of her knees, easily picking her up as if she weighed nothing, leaping into the air and flying back to their camp, knowing she was too exhausted to cause any more trouble. Naomi's eyes opened slightly, seeing that they were in the sky, wind gently flowing through her hair, drying some of it, feeling them land, Rin's scent instantly filling her nose. A whine in protest emitted from Naomi as she closed her eyes, Sesshomaru walking and sitting down by a tree that was closest to the fire. He gently set Naomi on the floor, laying her down and resting her head on his lap, thankful that the wind dried most of their clothes, Mokomoko being completely dry and now warm.

"Whats wrong with me, Sesshomaru?" Naomi whispered, feeling a hand on her head ". . . what am I?"