1

Character Information / Prologue

Name: Naomi

Hair: black / little blue

Length: little past her knees

Eyes: blue

Race: demon

Type: fox / unknown

Sweet, kind, will fight anyone if needed, does not take kindly to threats and insults, slightly short tempered, sarcastic, shy

.
.
.
.
.

Blue eyes traveled around the area, the pointed ears on top of her head twitching at the smallest sound, staying perfectly still as a brown haired woman slowly walked through the forest, passing the branch she had been perched on

Blue eyes traveled around the area, the pointed ears on top of her head twitching at the smallest sound, staying perfectly still as a brown haired woman slowly walked through the forest, passing the branch she had been perched on. But she watched as the woman suddenly stopped in her tracks, her eyes snapping to the branch, only to see nothing there. The teenager had used her agility to move swiftly and soundlessly through the trees, causing the woman to slowly look around, tracking the child, but she seemed to be improving quite well in her age, which had been rare. Normally teenage fox demons have their defiance against their parents, but this one seemed to be showing promise.

A smirk formed on the teenager's lips as she looked at the woman from her spot on the large branch, crouching down, one hand staying on the base of the tree while the other was placed on the branch in between her bare feet. She pounced, flying through the sky, landing on the woman just as she turned around, landing on top of her, lightly grasping the woman's neck with one hand, keeping her black claws raised and ready to strike. The woman looked up at her daughter with pride in her eyes,

"Very good" she said "you are definitely improving, Naomi"

"Or you're just getting older in your prime, mother" she teased

"Oh, you!" She scolded, batting her daughter's hand away from her throat

Naomi let out a soft laugh as she stood straight, holding out a hand and helping her mother to her feet, giggling when she scratched her ears, playfully slapping her hand away.

"Tomorrow, we will work on your weapon" her mother said, earning a small nod

The two of them began to walk back to their village, Naomi's black hair brushing against the back of her knees as her bare feet stepped on the soft grass, something she had a habit of doing, which her mother still didn't understand why she liked it. Maybe it was because she was half fox demon, but Hotaru - Naomi's mother - didn't know. She also didn't know why Naomi had no tail, but she also figured that was because of Naomi's father, who was an unknown demon, but Naomi hasn't exactly been able to tap into that power just yet.

Hotaru once thought she was in love, but she felt broken when he left one night, while she was with child, giving birth to Naomi a few months later, on the night of a crescent moon, sobbing with joy when she heard the cry of her baby girl. It surprised her when she noticed no tail, but she loved her so much more because of it. Some years later, Hotaru met a kind human man, falling in love with him and having a son born human, named Onigumo, Naomi treating him like a brother, even if he bullied her. Onigumo grew at a normal human rate, but Naomi grew like that of a normal demon, so she may look younger than him, but she's actually older than him.

The teenager scooped up her shoes as they walked back to the village, the two of them making it back within a few minutes, going back to their home, Hotaru getting started on dinner while Naomi slipped her shoes back on and helped her brother, Onigumo, finish his chores. It was known for Naomi to help out where ever she could, and the others were thankful for that, giving Onigumo a small smile as she grabbed one of the baskets from the load in his arms, holding it on her hip as they walked back to the village. Naomi and Hotaru were the only demons living in the village, and because of that, they realized that not all demons were bad, it sure did help with the heavy lifting, the two of them could do an eight man job and it was very beneficial for them.

Onigumo couldn't help but look at his older half sister with disdain, but she hadn't seen it, wondering how she was born with demon abilities and he was born human. He wanted her power, he wanted to have the strength of ten men, but he didn't know how to get, he had a plan. Onigumo and Naomi made it back to their home, Naomi greeting her stepfather, a man who treated her like blood, who also playfully scratched behind her ear, causing her to bat his hand away. He chuckled softly, walking over to his wife and pressing a kiss to her cheek as the children set the baskets down in the corner,

"Do you need help, oka-san?" Naomi asked

"I've got it" she replied with a small smile at her daughter, earning a small nod

"How was training, young one?" Her father asked

"I pinned her, oto-san!" She exclaimed happily, pointing to her mother

"She's improving" Hotaru added with a proud smile "tomorrow, I want her to practice with her weapon"

"Why must she train?" He asked, looking at her

"We are fox demons" she replied simply "I was trained by my mother, who was trained by her mother, who was trained by her mother. I plan on keeping it that way"

This caused Onigumo to glare at his older sister, deciding to execute his plan that night.

.

Onigumo looked down at his sister as she slept, a small object in his hand that was wrapped in a cloth, reaching up with his other and unwrapping it. Inside lay a small gray stone, one that seemed to be pulsing with evil power, and as if she could sense it, Naomi cringed in her sleep, curling up into a ball and letting out a low whine, holding her legs to her chest and burying her face in her knees, her ears flattening against her head. Holding the stone with the cloth, he crouched down next to Naomi, placing the stone against her shoulder, Naomi froze, not being able to do anything as her body began to turn gray, Onigumo watching as his sister turned to stone.