29

"Your fox is your true form" Sesshomaru said as Naomi sat on the grass in front of him "and with your true form, comes strength"

"And the other powers?" Naomi asked

"Will learned to be controlled" he answered "and in time, you will have no fear of yourself"

Naomi gave Sesshomaru a small nod, knowing she needed to listen to him in order to gain control of her manifesting power, not only to protect Rin, but to protect her from herself. She didn't know what she was truly capable of, and something inside her didn't want to know, but it needed to be done. Her eyes gazed over to Rin, who was sitting in the field of flowers a little ways away from them with A-Un and Jaken, she was making a flower crown, causing a soft smile to form on Naomi's lips, remembering the time she was that innocent. But she knew those days were over for her, it was time for her to learn how to control her power, so she could better protect herself and Rin. Maybe even Sesshomaru if it came down to it.

Looking back at the dog demon, her back straightening, ready for what was to come, causing him to give her a small nod, standing up and walking away, Naomi quickly standing as well, following him. She could feel the grass beneath her feet, hear every little sound in the forest, down to the smallest insect, which had actually gave her an advantage when it came to other demons. When she was a child, around Rin's age, she did have difficulty pinpointing sounds, everything around her became jumbled together to the point where she couldn't detect her mother's voice until she was right in front of her. To Naomi, the world was too big. So she had to figure out how to make it smaller. At first, it confused Hotaru, not knowing why her daughters hearing was more heightened than other fox demons, but she had just decided that it was what made her special.

She whipped around, her blade blocking another's, looking into the eyes of Sesshomaru, who hid his surprise, not expecting her to quickly snap out of it and block his attack, much like how they first met. Naomi pushed him away, causing him to land a few yards from her. Sesshomaru looked at her, surveying her, seeing that her demeanor was calm, everything about her was calm, but her eyes were hard, challenging him, daring him to attack. It was true that foxes are sly creatures, they were the ones who could get out of any situation when needed, but they also become aggressive when cornered, and it definitely wasn't wise to taunt an angered fox demon, there would be hell to pay. But at that moment, she knew Sesshomaru wouldn't try anything to hurt her, purposely. He was the first to charge, Naomi easily blocking his attacks, countering anything thrown her way, not letting him hit her, which was surprising to him as well.

He didn't expect her to know this much combat, but her mother just have taught her everything she had learned from someone else, that someone being Naomi's father. The fox demon in front of him showed similar traits of her father's fighting style, but instead of the instant strike at random points, Naomi looked for exposed parts of the body, which was good, meaning that she was unpredictable when it came to combat. Unpredictability was her best friend and Naomi would most likely always use it to her advantage. As Sesshomaru's arm was coming down for another strike, Naomi suddenly grabbed his wrist, stopping him, his blade inches away from her head, her eyebrows furrowing slightly in confusion, turning her head slightly as her left ear twitched at a new sound. Letting go of his wrist, he let his arm fall to his side, watching as her ears twitched, trying to pinpoint the source of the noise, which wasn't difficult.

Naomi took off running, in the opposite direction of Sesshomaru, jumping up and grasping the neck of the person watching them, landing down on the grass and pinning him to the tree, Fenikkusu pointed in between his eyes. Her breathing was even as the person in front of her shook slightly in fear,

"Tōtōsai" Sesshomaru said from behind her

"Lord Sesshomaru" Tōtōsai replied, then looking at Naomi "I'm not a threat to you"

"Then why were you spying on us?" She asked, her eyes slowly turning red

"Naomi" Sesshomaru said

Her eyes quickly changed back their deep blue as her gaze snapped to Sesshomaru, blinking a few times before slowly releasing her hold on Tōtōsai, her hands slowly falling to her sides, taking a step back from him. In her mind, she had every right to kill him, she didn't know who he was and yet he was spying on them, he could have hurt Rin for all she knew and she didn't want that to happen. She would never want that to happen.

How did he even find us?

"That blade" Tōtōsai said, gaining Naomi's attention "I forged it from the power of a demon"

". . . My father" Naomi replied "you know him?"

"He never gave me a name" he informed "but his power is like no other. Your blade was a gift of his power - "

"Why are you here?" She asked

"You need a blade of your own power" he answered "with your fox now surfaced, a blade forged from your fangs will bring balance to the power your fox brings and the power you received from your father"

"So you wish to create a blade" Naomi concluded "for me?"

"And they will work only by your hand" he replied

"Two blades" Sesshomaru said "that is not something you have done in some time, Tōtōsai"

"But she must earn them" Tōtōsai replied "I need to know that she has the responsibility to wield such powerful blades" looking at Naomi "but only if you are up for the challenge"