Part 2 Chapter 3 (miss Lynde mysterious hero)

For a few more days Gilbert was walking around thinking about and blaming himself for all this, but I quickly got it out of his head. For some time he even wondered if he could tell his mother everything, but together we decided that Mrs. Blythe was too good and too delicate. We were both sure that she had no idea about anything, and that not enough time had passed since Mr. Blythe's death, it would have been a huge shock to her. Gilbert is barely able to handle the news, I don't know how to help him. . . Although I tries my best, I can't imagine such suffering, maybe it's because I've never met my real father.

As the days went by, I was happy to notice that Gil's face was smiling more and more often, which made me laugh more and more often. After all, it was a holiday, so we met every day, of course we did not forget about our friends and almost every evening we spent time with our gang. Moody and Diana finally admitted they were together!(I KNEW IT!) Apart from me and Gilbert and Moody and Diana, there were two more couples in our gang, Max and Cole (I knew they would be together), and Ruby and Fred, who recently joined our group. Only Jane and Jerry don't have their other half, and when we go out on quadruple dates, they meet at Jane's house for film marathons, they're totally crazy about MARVEL.

That day I decided to visit my mother, this time without Gilbert. It was quite late but Marilla and Matthew left for Toronto for two days so I decided that if I sat down for too long I would spend at most one night on the couch with my mother, I think she won't mind. I left a quick on the table if for some reason they were to come back sooner. Then I took my purse and quickly walked towards the station. I quickly bought a ticket and jumped on the train, which arrived almost immediately. I took a seat at the back, by the window, and throughout the journey I admired the views behind the window. It was already 7 p. m. , but it was summer, so I still had about 2 hours left until sunset. The journey didn't last long and I wasn't bored on the train. At this time of day the view from the window on the route to the city was dazzling, almost magical. I got off the train and got into a cab that drove me to the very door of Berta's house. I got out of the cab, paid for it and thanked. When the cab departed I felt a strange feeling, I was standing in the middle of the street, I felt as if someone was watching me closely, I bent my imagination for playing tricks on me and I still knocked on the door with my trembling hand, almost immediately my parent opened the door for me, with a big smile she hugged me tightly and would not let go. I felt uncomfortable with it, so at first gently, but then hardly I pushed her away from me. As if nothing had happened, she invited me inside and offered me tea, and with a smile I thanked her because I suddenly felt very thirsty. I sat on the couch and waited.

When the woman came back, I immediately took a cup from her hands and enjoyed the warmth of the brew. We started talking about everything and nothing. It was quite pleasant, almost as much as the taste of the word 'mom' on my lips. After a nice hour, I slowly got up from the couch and said:

-Well, I guess it's about time I should go!-I announced it when I looked out of the window at the sun setting slowly.

I slowly walked up to the door and took my purse.

-Wait! - I heard behind me, I thought I'd probably forgotten something, so I obediently waited until Mommy came to me.

But when she came within my sight, I noticed two things:

1. My mother didn't have anything in her hands

2. - the more terrifying one - I saw a note of madness in her eyes again, which scared me quite a bit.

-I really must go now! - I screamed frightened, but the woman got me and dragged me back home, dragged me into the living room and threw me into the couch.

-Mom?- I started shaking and crying.- Mom. . . What's the matter? Why did you do this to me?

But she didn't answer my question, she just said:

-You will stay here with me and we will renew our contact, you will live with me, we will be inseparable, we will do everything together, as we should have done long ago.

-But I have to. . . I have to go home. -I started. . .

-This is your home!- She screamed.

-I have to go back to Marilla, to Matthew and to Gilbert!- I was sobbing!

-Don't even say his name! He is the same as his father, all men are the same! - She did not listen to my requests and sobs. The madness in her eyes was almost tangible.

When she loosened her hug a little and I managed to tear her away I quickly ran to the door, but she was faster and she caught me and more brutally threw me, this time on the floor.

-Don't even try to run away! This is your home! And you don't run away from home! - She screamed like a possessed woman.

I'd struggle, scream, cry, but it's all for nothing.

Slowly I stopped digging and screaming, but I kept crying and realized that it was over. I regretted it so much that I did not listen to Marilla, who, after hearing the whole story of Berta's strange behavior, told me to never go to her hous again me. I was so sorry that I lied on a piece of paper left at home and wrote that I went to Diana. I was so sorry I didn't tell anybody I went here. So much. . . Suddenly I heard the doorbell ringing, my mother, scared, broke off, taped my mouth and ran to the door.

Somebody asked my mom about something, but I couldn't hear what it was about. My ears have only heard answer:

-She's not here - my heart froze. . . I started screaming even though I couldn't hear anything through the tape. I started to drill terribly and I don't even know how, but I managed to tear off a tiny piece of tape. I started screaming terribly, this time it brought more noise. I saw a policeman and. . . and Mrs. Racheal Lynde in the house.

Who, on seeing me, passed out instantly.

I remember further events as if through a fog. We went back to my  house, miss Recheal Lynde stayed with me, and I fell asleep almost instantly. The next day, in our little house on the green gables, the whole village was here, I could hear Mrs Lynde's voice all the time and I found out for myself how she found me.

Well, completely by "accident" she saw me walking in the evening quite alone in the direction of the station. When I wasn't coming back after more than an hour and a half, she was very worried, so she went to the train station where she found out that I had gone to town, so she bought a ticket and waited for the train, which appeared incredibly fast.

When she arrived in the city she went straight to the police station, explained everything and together with policemen they went to search for everyone they met, they asked about me, but nobody saw me . until they met a cab driver, who that evening drove me to my mother's house and he drove them to Berta's house too. The woman said that i weren't in her house, but (as Mrs Lynde said) she knew that this woman was lying, so she quickly walked inside, with great difficulty caught and cuffed the woman and took care of me lying still on the floor.

I still didn't listen, despite the constant fear and great regret, I started to giggle quietly at the memory of Recheal Lynde who passed out yesterday on the floor and all the things and merits she is now attributing to herself.

I left the room  and sneaked through a crowd of people who didn't notice me, because they were listening to my heroine's stories with bated breath.

In the kitchen I saw Marilla, Matthew, Gilbert and all my friends who, seeing me, threw themselves at me and hugged me tightly.

I love them all the most in the world, but my heart still hurts. I dreamed of meeting my mom for always.

-------------------------------------------------

GUYSSSS what do you think???? sorry for all the mistakes and ty for all the support u have been giving me everyday. LOVE YOU <3333