Part 2 chapter 1 (we found her)

More weeks passed, and my relationship with Gilbert was never better. We understood each other like no other. Even Diana was not mad at me for me spending more time with Gilbert than with her, because she spent most of her time with Moody. But that it won't be, we were still trying to find time for each other. Every Friday we met for coffee and told each other what had happened last week. Ruby stopped talking to me - it turned out she was in love with Gilbert. Yesterday, it turned out that she went on a date with a good hunk, and I think that now we will try to rebuild our relationship. The whole Jerry's family came from France to Avonlea! Among them, Jerry's brother, Max, who has often goes somewhere with Cole. I think something sparked between them. I am being soo happy that Cole (my soulmate!), Finally found someone, when I see a smile on his face, I am filled with great joy. But what Gilbert did today ... It distorted all my ideas, I knew that Gilbert would make me a surprise because today is the whole month since we started to be together. I've prepared a nice surprise for him.

As soon as he knocked on the door, I ran out of the room like crazy, before the door i quickly corrected my hair and opened the door. I quickly put mine gift in his hand, he has slowly opened it with a huge smile on his face. When he saw what was inside, he laughed and hugged me tight. I looked at him closely when he moved away from me. He did not have even a small bag or small box in his hands or pockets. I thought I didn't need a present from Gilbert, his presence alone is the best gift I could have imagined. I looked at his mouth,he smiled like a fool, so I asked him:

-What happened?

-I also have a gift for you, Anne! - he grinned even more. I also smiled despite myself.

-What is it? - I could not keep my curiosity in check.

-Surprise! - he said jubilantly - when you said me a month ago, that u really want to find your parents. I was looking everywhere, I went to Nova Scotia, i looked for an information in the papers at the orphanage. And I ... Anne, I found your mother, and today we're going to visit her. Marilla knows everything, Matthew too. Anne, how are you feeling?

I listened to him with bated breath. I did not know what to say. It was always my quiet dream to meet my biological parents . I tried to stop myself, but I didn't works. I burst into unbridled tears. Gilbert turned on me and started to say something, but I did not understand because my whine drowned everything around me.

When I finally stopped crying, I began to laugh and dance with Gilbert. I kissed him few times, through a surge of great happiness.

It turned out that my MUM, lives quite nearly,so the train trip will take about two hours. Matthew drove us to Charlottown, then we got on the train. I sat in my seat, trembling, next to Gilbert. I squeezed his hand tightly, and i think that it hurts him a little, but he didn't complain, he just held me by the other hand. The constant thoughts that crossed my head didn't give me peace. And what if my mother did not want me, so this is why she gave me to the orphanage? After all, if she loved me, she wouldn't left me with me, right? And what if she have a new family now and she have already forgotten about me? And what if she sees us and she will chase us to what will I do then?

The train stopped. Gilbert pulled me gently and whispered that we had to get out. My legs were shaking like two big jellies. I left the train with difficulty, then we rode a carriage. Gilbert kept my hand all the time for which I was extremely grateful to him. The carriage stopped, in front of a small tidy house. We went to the door. I wanted to knock, but I could not get it. So my beloved went to my rescue and he knocked. With a terribly beating heart that came to my throat, I listened to someone crossing the house.

-Who's there?- We heard. I started crying. The person behind the door had to hear it because she quickly opened the door. Through tears I saw an older copy of me. When she saw me, she started to cry, but much harder, louder and more pathetic than me.